Reuters 3000 Xtra
Enjoy a commanding view of the global real-time financial arena. Reuters 3000 Xtra combines news, information and insight with access to the global Thomson Reuters trading community.
Its integrated price discovery and trading capabilities across all asset classes mean that you can make and execute decisions from a single desktop. Reuters 3000 Xtra reflects a vast experience in global financial markets; its functionality and content are continually upgraded.
With Reuters 3000 Xtra, you can:
- Follow market action as it happens – view award-winning news from Thomson Reuters with business and political stories that are moving world markets, including insight from all asset classes: equities, FX, money, fixed income, commodities and energy
- Conduct fast and accurate research – combine real-time data, news and historical data to build an accurate, comprehensive picture. Compare and display using powerful charting capabilities.
- Perform complex analysis quickly and easily – use pre-defined models to make instant calculations, including: stock return, option strategy and dividend discount models to help you identify and analyze specific investment strategies. Download real-time, historical and fundamental data for use in your own models.
- Discover liquidity and execute – find liquidity, analyze decision parameters and execute transactions, all from a single desktop. With Reuters 3000 Xtra you can route orders for any asset to the broker of your choice, helping you improve trade workflow, manage costs and achieve competitive advantage.
- Choose from a variety of delivery options – on-site, over the internet or direct to your BlackBerry.
- Communicate with clients, colleagues and counterparties – use integrated Thomson Reuters Messenger to share charts, quotes or news stories in a secure and compliant environment.
Why choose Reuters 3000 Xtra?
- Industry-standard calculators help you to make informed and timely market decisions
- Communicate in real time and engage in pre-and post-trade discussions with your financial market counterparts.
- Keep ahead of the game with a user interface that helps you to find, view, link and group information easily.
- Take advantage of enhanced chart formatting to achieve maximum clarity and impact.
- Access analytical functions and fundamental content in Microsoft Excel to perform intricate analysis.
- Simplify electronic trading activities with a single route to market.
NEWS AND PRICES
Reuters 3000 Xtra brings you fast, comprehensive news from more than 500 company and stock market reporters around the world and distributes more than 5,000 real-time company announcements each day.
We have regular access to the people who move the equity markets. This includes exclusive interviews with CEOs , financial directors and fund managers - either as one-off events, or via regular Reuters Summits.
Reuters 3000 Xtra provides real-time prices from 166 exchanges worldwide . You can set up watchlists with summary prices on up to 40 user-defined stock groupings. In parallel you can monitor related fixed income issuance, credit default swaps, convertibles, warrants and options.
Get a detailed picture of a security fast with Company Profiles that include Reuters fundamental data, ratios, earnings estimates - including detailed and consensus estimates, and the latest corporate actions.
Retrieve deep ownership information for listed companies globally , including the top holders, their holdings and how these have changed over time. Access sector and share comparisons, broker research and mergers and acquisitions information.
Use predefined models to get a snapshot of a stock's price events including current price quote, price charts and news. Ascertain a stock's track record by examining stock price and volume history against a selected index. You can link prices, quotes and news to create displays that meet your exact needs. If you prefer, you can let Thomson Reuters custom-build worksheets and analytical tools for you.
LIQUIDITY AND ORDER ROUTING
Discover liquidity, analyze decision parameters and execute transactions , from one desktop. Route orders to the brokers of your choice and receive a single, consolidated feed of trade confirmations. You can also access the algorithmic trading facilities of leading brokers. And depending on which side of the market you are on, you can broadcast or receive trading recommendations, indications of interest and advertised trades through Reuters 3000 Xtra.
Thomson Reuters Messenger enables you to exchange ideas and latest trade activity with colleagues and counterparties through instant messaging and chat rooms. Faster communication delivers faster results. Join the Thomson Reuters Messenger community today and you can:
- Share charts, quotes or news stories with colleagues or counterparties in real-time access over 60,000 active users instantly within a secure environment, and reach those who use AOL® Instant MessengerTM or MSN® Messenger.
- Manage your email and instant messaging from a single view for efficient workflow.
- Optionally archive all conversations centrally - essential for administration and compliance.
A CHOICE OF DELIVERY OPTIONS
Reuters 3000 Xtra gives you a choice of delivery options , and can be easily used in conjunction with other applications. It can be installed on your site, with automatic updates that make sure you always have the latest version. You also have the option of a hosted service, delivered over the Internet. This means that you only need a lightweight, downloadable desktop to access the full application suite. Overall cost of ownership is reduced and there is no need for any Thomson Reuters architecture on site. All maintenance is managed centrally by Thomson Reuters.
If you are travelling, Reuters 3000 Xtra can travel with you, on your laptop or mobile device. Reuters Connect - 3000 Xtra lets you receive Reuters data, news and alerts , as well as third-party and internal content on your BlackBerry. And wherever there is an Internet connection, you can access Reuters 3000 Xtra from your laptop. So now you have complete market coverage from Thomson Reuters, wherever you are in the world.
Reuters 3000 Xtra has been designed to incorporate your internal feeds , generated from internal contributions or in-house applications. You can also license content from Reuters.
We are continually enhancing data retrieval and accessibility . Fundamental and reference data can be accessed through server-based technology, making new datasets available to you. You can access mutual funds from Lipper, institutional and stakeholders data from Factset, Future Events from Kalends and merger & acquisition content from Reuters.
Thomson Reuters has many years of experience in delivering open desktop solutions to the trading arena: experience we have used in the further development of Reuters 3000 Xtra.
The latest release builds on the existing open desktop. This already provides extensive tools for the display of news, prices, charts, analytics, fundamental data and time series. It uses Microsoft ActiveX and COM standards, and web technology such as XML in both the Kobra and Excel containers. Reuters 3000 Xtra can be fed by;
- Reuters Market Data System (RMDS)
- TIB (via SSL adapter)
- Reuters Workstation Server (RWS) for Europe, Asia and Latam
- 3000 IP RMCD for America
- Reuters Workstation Server Hosted (RWSH) for Europe and Asia
- Reuters Workstation Server Hosted Internet (RWSHi) for Europe only
- Reuters Small Site Delivery Internet (RSSDi) for Asia only
- 3000IP Hosted for America
- Processor: minimum Intel Pentium III 733MHz , recommended Intel Pentium III 1GHz
- RAM: minimum 256M, recommended B512 MB
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 (256 colors)
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1, Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3.
- Office 2007 and Office 2007 with Service Pack 1 (with restrictions on Excel 2007 Service Pack 1).
- IE 6.0, IE 6.0 with Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2, IE 7.0.
- Reuters 3000 Xtra is qualified for Citrix Thin client delivery
- Download Reuters 3000 Xtra for trading professionals fact sheet PDF
- Download Reuters 3000 Xtra for portfolio managers fact sheet 1.63MB
- Download Reuters 3000 Xtra for corporate treasurers fact sheet 1.16MB
- Explore our Buy-Side Solutions
- Securitized Derivatives Network
- Thomson Reuters Fixed Income Trading
- Reuters 3000 Xtra Hosted Terminal Access
- Advisory Services for Investor Relations
- Reuters Trading for Exchanges
- Thomson Reuters Messenger
- Thomson Reuters Trade Notification
- Reuters Trading for Foreign Exchange (RTFX)