At The Pinnacle Of Their Professions
2012 Extel Survey benchmarks excellence in investment banking and asset management.
We are pleased to announce the results of the 39th annual Thomson Reuters Extel Survey. Considered the leading benchmark for excellence in investment banking and asset management, the pan-European survey highlights achievement across the buy-side, sell-side and corporate communities.
Highlights of the key winners from the 2012 Survey are:
- Leading Pan-European Brokerage Firm for Equity and Equity-Linked Research: UBS
- Leading Pan-European Fund Management Firm: JP MORGAN AM
- Leading Pan-European Individual Equity Analyst: Andrew Wood, Sanford C. Bernstein
- Leading Pan-European Sector Team (Equity): Chemicals Team, Bank of America Securities – Merrill Lynch
- Leading Pan-European Sector Team (all Categories): Global Strategy team, Société Générale
- Leading Pan-European Hedge Fund: Tudor Capital
- Leading Pan-European Quoted Company for IR: Sanofi
The 2012 Thomson Reuters Extel Survey continues to capture deeper, more analytical data from all the key market practitioners than ever before. Voting was conducted primarily online and ran from 19 March to 4 May 2012. It reflects the contribution of over 2,100 buy-side firms, 2,500 analysts from 270 brokerage firms/research houses and nearly 800 of Europe’s largest quoted companies worldwide – over 14,000 individual voters in total, casting over 950,000 votes. All data, votes received and methodology applied were independently checked and verified by Deloitte.
The Thomson Reuters Extel award ceremony was hosted by Emily Maitlis in London's Guildhall and attended by 450 members of the European financial community. Presenters included; Greg Barker – Minister for Energy and Climate Change, Roger Gifford – UK Country Manager of SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Bank), Peter Scott, Chairman & CEO, The Engine Group, UK Atomic Energy Authority, Christian Katz - CEO, SIX Swiss Exchange, Helena Morrissey – CEO, Newton Investment Management and Jim Smith – President & CEO, Thomson Reuters.
The Thomson Reuters Extel Survey bestows over 450 awards covering equity sectors, economics and strategy, equity derivatives, and emerging markets categories. The role of insightful analysts and strategists, especially those who more closely identified upcoming market turbulence, is ever more highly prized.