A New World of Interactive Storytelling
The Wider Image Photo App from Reuters
Reuters, the world’s largest international multimedia news provider, has released The Wider Image app, created exclusively for the iPad, to bring Reuters photographic images and information to life through an entirely new interactive experience. The Wider Image launches with over 100 stories by Reuters photographers across the world and is now available to download for free from the iTunes App Store.
Key features of the app include:
- Interactive Formats - Each story expands from a single image to give more context through a variety of formats including slideshows, sequences and sounds. Read, touch and listen and transform the way you see.
- Explore Tool - Explore by date, location, photographer and themes. See what’s happening in places you care about. Discover stories in places you may never have known.
- Photographer Profiles - Get to know Reuters photojournalists through personal photographer profiles and in-the-field witness commentary. Follow your favorites to see new work as it is added.
- Country Profiles - Visually compare social, demographic and economic differences between the story’s location and your own.
- Daily Updates - Discover some of the best stories by Reuters photographers everywhere, with new images and stories every day. Uncover human perspectives beyond the news headlines.
"The Wider Image was conceived to reimagine the way photojournalism can engage in the evolving media landscape. We challenged ourselves to explain more and bring readers closer to the story. The result is a signature experience which gives news photography greater impact, depth and interactivity," commented Jassim Ahmad, global head of multimedia innovation, Reuters.
The Wider Image is presented in association with Canon across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Find out more about the app at http://widerimage.reuters.com or download it for free: http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-wider-image/id566306890
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than 1 billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.