All Things Mobile at Thomson Reuters for Legal Professionals
Mobile capabilities extended through several innovative initiatives to enhance productivity and efficiency
Eagan, Minn. July 20, 2012 – A major objective of Thomson Reuters is helping customers improve their productivity and deliver better client service by accessing their legal information and tools anytime, anywhere. Over the last several months, Thomson Reuters has introduced or updated numerous mobile products and apps to meet the increasingly mobile workflow of legal professionals.
“Thomson Reuters is focused on serving the needs of our professional customers and delivering critical content, news and solutions into their workflow when and where they need it. Mobile is an increasingly critical way in which our customers interact with information,” said Bob Schukai, global head, Mobile Technology for Thomson Reuters. “We are striving to design and develop best-in-class platforms to facilitate agility, quality and consistency across products that will help people work as efficiently while mobile as when they're in the office, and seamlessly, no matter which computing platform they use.”
WestlawNext leads the mobile initiative with several enhancements, most recently announcing the launch of a new WestlawNext AndroidTM app. As well, recent enhancements to the award-winning WestlawNext iPad® app have included:
· Folder sharing
· West km integration
· Supporting web-hosted client validation (VPN)
· High resolution graphics for the new iPad
· Default font optimized for a better reading experience
Thomson Reuters ProView, the professional-grade eReader platform, recently added Android, Windows and Mac versions, and enhanced performance, navigation and library management for iPad users. ProView has continued its international expansion and is now available in North America and Europe, and will add Latin America shortly.
Additional mobile initiatives from Thomson Reuters designed to benefit legal professionals include:
· GC Advisor – corporate counsel-specific information on industry trends, technology, news and more affecting general counsel
· Convene – all the information and more at your fingertips for the conferences, seminars or other events you attend
· CLE Mobile – conduct and meet CLE requirements wherever, whenever
· FindLaw Lead Line – receive real-time lead notifications and manage leads
· Black’s Law Dictionary – the most comprehensive legal dictionary
· Thomson Reuters News & Insight – access to the latest legal news, filings and multimedia along with extensive analysis and interaction with other legal professionals
· Reuters News Pro – provides the knowledge to act through professional-grade news and market data
· Westlaw Portfolio – audio and video interviews with legal experts, and excerpts from Thomson Reuters Westlaw books and periodicals
· My Legal Projects – ideal for new and summer associates to remember unique requirements of each legal research project
For more information on the numerous mobile apps, websites and other products from Thomson Reuters Westlaw, visit the mobile apps page at the Westlaw Store.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
Tel: +1 651.848.5793