Intellectual Property & Science is now known as Clarivate Analytics
...and is no longer part of Thomson Reuters. You can still explore their products on this page.
With all the resources they need in one place, Essential Science Indicators can determine the influential individuals, institutions, papers, publications, and countries in their field of study — as well as emerging research areas that could impact their work.
This unique and comprehensive compilation of science performance statistics and science trends data is based on journal article publication counts and citation data from Thomson Scientific databases. It is an ideal analytical resource for policymakers, administrators, analysts and information specialists in government agencies, universities, corporations, private laboratories, publishing companies and foundations, as well as members of the scientific press and recruiters.
- In-depth coverage: You can access approximately 10 million articles in over 11,000 journal titles from around the world.
- A solid basis for comparison of research performance: Includes baselines, which are the benchmarks for assessing research impact.
- Expert guidance that enhances data: Provides editorial comments from scientists and researchers.
- Analyze research performance of companies, institutions, nations, and journals.
- Identify significant trends in the sciences and social sciences.
- Rank top countries, journals, scientists, papers, and institutions by field of research.
- Determine research output and impact in specific fields of research.
- Evaluate potential employees, collaborators, reviewers, and peers.
A customized, web-based research evaluation tool. With customized citation data, global metrics, and multidimensional profiles on the leading research institutions, InCites gives comprehensive insight into your institution's performance.
The Global Comparisons module of InCites™ provides citation metrics from the Web of Science™ for the research output of institutions and countries. Global Comparisons lets you identify broader trends and benchmark your institution’s performance compared to others.
This module of InCites provides profiles for nearly 560 of the world’s leading institutions using a combination of citation metrics from Web of Science, profile information from the institution’s themselves, and reputational data from the Global Institutional Profiles Project.