The Data Citation Index on the Web of Science™ platform provides a single point of access to quality research data from repositories across disciplines and around the world.
Through linked content and summary information, this data is displayed within the broader context of the scholarly research, enabling users to gain perspective that is lost when data sets or repositories are viewed in isolation. These connections allow researchers to efficiently access an array of data across subjects and regions, providing a comprehensive picture of research output, to maximize research efforts and accurately assess importance.
- Digital research that is discoverable, citable and linked to primary research literature
- Coverage of nearly 2 million records from quality repositories from around the world
- Digital research records built from descriptive metadata to create bibliographic records and cited references for digital research
- Recommendations to the scholarly community for promoting standard citation formats for digital research
- Maximize your research efforts with access to the most influential repositories, data sets and studies from a single destination
- Speed the time to discovery by building upon previous, quality digital research
- Understand data in context through summary information connected to the work it informed
- Track the use and importance of research data across multiple disciplines
- Get a complete view of scholarly research output
- Support proper attribution to data research through standard citation format
- Provide your researchers with a single resource for a complete view of scholarly output
- Be confident that researchers have easy access to relevant data to enhance and expedite research
- Expose the total impact of research output at your institution, beyond published content
- As data citation practices becomes standardized, provide your researchers with a more consistent and visible means of gaining attribution to their work
Repository evaluation, selection, and coverage policies: for the Data Citation Index℠ within Thomson Reuters Web of Science™
Collaborative Science: Solving the issues of discovery, attribution and measurement in data sharing
Provides researchers, administrators, faculty, and students with quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases. Authoritative, multidisciplinary content covers over 12,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide.
Science Citation Index Expanded™, accessed via Web of Science™ Core Collection, provides researchers, administrators, faculty, and students with quick, powerful access to the bibliographic and citation information they need to find research data and more.
Social Sciences Citation Index®, accessed via Web of Science™ Core Collection, provides researchers, administrators, faculty, and students with quick, powerful access to the bibliographic and citation information they need to find research data and more.