Derwent Innovations Index® facilitates rapid, precise patent searching, letting you conduct patent and citation searches of inventions in chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical engineering.
This resource merges the value-added patent information from Derwent World Patents Index® with the patent citation information from Derwent Patent Citation Index®. You can use additional descriptive information and coding to quickly grasp a patent's significance and its relationship to other patents. Reduce duplication of R&D; track competitors' activities; detect and avoid patent infringement; identify potential gaps in the marketplace and possible licensing opportunities.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Derwent Innovations Index covers over 14.3 million basic inventions from 40 worldwide patent-issuing authorities.
- Integrated access to other Web of Science™ data and tools: Accessing DII on the Web of Science means you can simultaneously search all other Web of Science resources your institution subscribes to.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- Backfile Data to 1963: Track over 40 years of vital data and find the supporting — or refuting — data you need. More backfiles give you the power to conduct deeper, more comprehensive searches and track trends through time.
- Value-added information: By including clearer patent titles, and clear concise explanations of each patented invention, Derwent Innovations Index allows searchers at any level to search patent literature quickly and effectively.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote® online, fully integrated and freely available to any Derwent Innovations Index® user, to easily access and organize your references online.
- Links to full patent records: View concise abstracts written by subject experts, then link to full-text primary patent records from a range of full patent sources.
Today's premier research platform that helps you quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities. You get integrated access to high quality literature through a unified platform.
Gain insights you might otherwise miss and make more confident IP decisions by searching the authoritative and accurate patent data in Derwent World Patents Index. (DWPI). DWPI is a comprehensive database of enhanced patent documents.
A comprehensive index to literature in physics, electrical/electronic technology, computing, control engineering, information technology, manufacturing, production and mechanical engineering that is updated weekly.