Economics Content Overview
Thomson Reuters delivers the largest and most comprehensive collection of global economic content, with a clear emphasis on factors that affect global financial market performance. The extensive historical coverage ranges from macro content, such as national, financial, and external accounts, industrial activity and labor indicators, to micro detail, on housing, energy, automotive, and other industries and key indicators for sub-national areas. The information is sourced from national agencies – central banks, statistical organizations, and ministries - research institutions and trade associations, and international statistical organizations.
WITH THOMSON REUTERS ECONOMICS DATA, YOU CAN:
- Perform trend analysis with long, consistent, revised histories
- Stay abreast of economic changes with over 5,500 headlines updated within two to three minutes after their release time for time-series data
- Access 6,300 Key Indicators of the most relevant series for each of 120 markets and euro zone
- Analyze the highest quality data available to ensure your best performance
WHY CHOOSE THOMSON REUTERS ECONOMICS DATA?
- Analyze 670,000 time series directly from original, timely, primary, national statistics sources for 153 countries and the euro area as well as over 2,900,000 time series from international agencies
- Access comprehensive history back to 1950’s for G7, 1970’s for developed markets, 1990’s for developing and emerging markets’
- With an accuracy rate of 99.85%, Thomson Reuters regularly exceeds rigorous quality targets for both headline and component economic series
- View definitions, along with the standard metadata, conversion methodology, and source, as well as change explanations to better understand the data you are viewing
- Access exhaustive global economic content alongside unsurpassed financial market data – a combination not available anywhere else
- Explore 1,500 Point in Time data of Key Indicators for 46 countries including G20 and euro zone from 160 sources
- Find 190,000 Forecast series from Economist Intelligence Unit, Consensus Economics, Oxford Economics and other official international organizations
- Get timely client’s service and constantly improving quality of response
- View content updates of all the important releases of the new sets of data
In addition to Economics content over the Thomson ONE suite of products, Thomson Reuters Economics data is accessible via two industry leading platforms:
Datastream Data Loader allows you to pinpoint the exact data you need from our full range of content offerings and retrieve it one of two ways: when the latest updated data becomes available or on an ad-hoc basis. Datastream Data Loader provides access more than 3, 600,000 micro and macroeconomic time series from more than 1,100 leading sources covering over 220 countries with histories from 1950. Content covers macro and microeconomics statistics, historical and forecast, as well as expectations survey results. This simple yet powerful FTP-based solution is the most flexible, easy to implement, and cost effective method of delivering referential data.
Thomson Reuters Datastream allows you to utilize the most comprehensive economic and financial time series database. With access to an unrivalled set of historical financial content, you can investigate the correlations and relationships between global economic indicators and various asset classes. Read more about Datastream.
A subset of the most market moving indicators, 12K series, can be also found in Reuters 300Xtra and EIKON. Other products that display different subsets of economics content are EcoWin Pro, Street Events, TQA, Newscope and Bridge Station