Thomson Reuters DataScope Select
Thomson Reuters DataScope Select is the strategic data delivery platform for non-streaming content globally. The platform is a full cross-asset offering with intelligently linked data for all Thomson Reuters DataScope content including Reference Data, Corporate Actions, Legal Entity Data, end-of-day/intra-day pricing and Evaluation Pricing Services.
Why choose Thomson Reuters DataScope Select?
- Fast on boarding and integration – DataScope Select is a very flexible data delivery solution designed to seamlessly fit into client workflows and provide the required data
- Flexible – Extraction definition and delivery can be controlled manually from the browser, with XML based actions submitted to the FTP servers or using the web services API. Scheduling of extractions can be automated and based on event triggers or exact client based time requirements.
- Intelligent data – Delivered through Thomson Reuters DataScope Select, Thomson Reuters DataScope Pricing covers many asset classes and is available on an intra-day, end-of-day and time series basis
- Cost transparency – The Commercial Model for providing market data is currently based on estimated usage. All data extractions are recorded at the security and asset class levels and are made available in the “Usage” screens. Current and past usage can be seen on a user and company level for full transparency on the amount and types of data being extracted.
- Comprehensive and global coverage – The strategy behind Thomson Reuters DataScope Select is to provide pricing, reference data and derived analytics across all asset classes such that only one source and a single retrieval method is required.
- API – The web service API provides flexible and comprehensive access to the full data model and is suitable as an application data source or as embedded methodology in client side data retrieval workflows.
- ISO 15022 data delivery – Thomson Reuters DataScope Select can deliver corporate actions data in the industry standard ISO 15022 format and in the future, ISO 20022 format.
- Multiple product releases a year – An active development and roadmap schedule means we typically introduce 50 or more product capability and content enhancements. This roadmap is driven by partnering with our clients and market conditions.
- Valuations Transparency & Audit Trail– The Valuation Transparency Service (VTS) is integrated as part of the DataScope Select web-interface with intuitive screens for entering bond price challenges of various types. It provides customers with a Multi-bond challenge support via an imported comma separated value (CSV) file that includes predefined columns for simplified input.
Comprehensive Data Model
|Asset Classes||Template Views|
|Futures and Options||Terms and Conditions|
|OTC Equity Options||Corporate Actions|
|Time Series Pricing|
|Other Data Sets|
|Thomson Reuters DataScope Corporate Actions|
|Thomson Reuters DataScope Reference Data|
|Thomson Reuters DataScope Legal Entity Data|
|Thomson Reuters DataScope Evaluated Pricing Service|
- Widest data coverage – Thomson Reuters has unrivalled coverage of market data, evaluated and contributed pricing, corporate actions data, counterparty and compliance data and other differentiated content in one platform.
- Better data quality, integration and support – We have decades of experience in integrating and distributing market data, ensuring data quality "out of the box."
- 24/7 service – Thomson Reuters’ global service centers offer support around the clock and our local account teams can respond quickly to your queries.
- Global presence – Thomson Reuters has a global presence, and is committed to providing support, account management, hosting, development and exchange relationships, worldwide.
- Managing valuation risk – We have made major investments in bringing accurate, transparent pricing for hard to price fixed income securities and credit derivatives to clients. Our professional evaluated pricing service is delivered by a team of more than 100 experts around the globe, who are in constant contact with market participants. Using our unrivalled range of data and our expertise, we can provide reliable prices for individual instruments or entire portfolios.
- Relationships with industry leaders – Thomson Reuters has established deep engineering engagements with Intel, Cisco, Sun Microsystems, HP, Microsoft, Swift and others to build software solutions that leverage the advantages offered by these key technology offerings.