Thomson Reuters Messenger
Thomson Reuters Messenger (formerly Reuters Messaging) is an enterprise-grade instant messaging and real-time collaboration product suite designed for the financial markets.
It allows financial professionals around the world to participate in a focused and authenticated community consisting of customers, colleagues and other business counterparts. Members can exchange market-moving information, ideas, insights and user-generated content securely and within compliance standards.
What can Thomson Reuters Messenger do for you?
- Reach more of the people that matter. Communicate with professionals on other enterprise IM networks and consumer IM systems.*
- Pick the right time to talk business. Powerful presence capabilities provide valuable information about your counterparts' availability to engage in conversations, and vice versa.
- Collaborate within groups. Exchange knowledge within topic-focused chat rooms and build a repository of information that can be referenced over time by Thomson Reuters Messenger counterparts within or outside the organization.*
- Manage all your electronic communications. A single window allows you to toggle amongst IM conversations, email messages and chat room posts* without interrupting your workflow.
- Enhance your productivity. Exchange files, screenshots and financial data within the flow of your conversations, or drag and drop from integrated Thomson Reuters products.*
- Expand your business network and raise your professional profile. A comprehensive directory and social networking-style profiles allow members to find relevant business contacts and control access to personal and business information.
- Enjoy peace of mind. Thomson Reuters Messenger offers built-in regulatory compliance support, encryption capabilities that surpass email, and improved service reliability with 24/7 monitoring and local support.
* Available with Thomson Reuters Messenger Premium only.
- Real-Time connections: Reach people that matter.
- Reach over 130,000 active Thomson Reuters Messenger users
- Communicate with users on consumer IM systems such as AOL® Instant Messenger™, Microsoft® Windows Live™ Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger.
- Directory and Profile: Find business counterparts and manage your professional image.
- Search the detailed Thomson Reuters Messenger directory for market contacts by company, asset class and many other criteria.
- Share information about yourself and control who can view your details.
- Integrated communication and content: Exchange timely information within your workflow.
- Drag and drop charts, news or quotes from your Thomson Reuters Desktop to your Thomson Reuters Messenger conversation windows.
- Share files such as company announcements, market reports and more within your conversations and chat rooms.
- Enrich your IM conversations and chat posts with screenshots of charts and graphs.
- Cascade your morning runs and push out pricing updates to multiple contacts at once using pre-formatted financial forms.
- Prioritize and react fast to what is important with enhanced alerting options for people who try to get in touch - via IM or email - and content posted in chat rooms.
- Chat Rooms: Access market-moving information by trusted sources.
- Discuss breaking news, rumors, trade details or strategies with customers, peers and experts within topic-based, persistent chat rooms.
- Merge up to 20 chat rooms into one central view and distinguish room posts by color.
- Participate in or create chat rooms with controlled access to discuss and exchange information around sensitive topics.
- View room history for up to 90 days and keep track of unread posts from your contacts.
- Reduce content clutter and make access to information more efficient with concise headlines that link to more detail (the “story”).
- Access to enterprise data: Expand your Thomson Reuters Messenger workflow.
- Thomson Reuters Messenger can be integrated into core business applications such as trading portals, CRM systems or corporate intranets using Thomson Reuters APIs.
- Access research data, initiate timely conversations for customer service or support, automatically post content to chat rooms, or populate structured forms.
- Secure communication . All communications run over standard SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) and are secured with 128-bit TLS encryption.
- Privacy . Users control who can reach them via IM and specify separate privacy settings for each consumer IM network.
- One-stop-shop compliance . Thomson Reuters Messenger Compliance , a hosted solution from Thomson Reuters, provides comprehensive compliance support for all Thomson Reuters Messenger capabilities.
- Ease of deployment . Simply install (or push) the software client on any PC desktop (Thomson Reuters or other) and have users up running quickly.
End-user PC configuration:
- Computer/Processor : Any PC workstation or laptop with a clock speed of minimum 350 MHz; 700 MHz or higher recommended.
- Operating System : Windows® Vista, Windows 2000 SP4, Windows® XP SP1 and SP2
- Disk Space : 50 MB available disk space
- Memory : 128 MB of RAM minimum; 256MB or higher recommended
- Browser : Microsoft® Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or SP2 with RC4 128-bit cipher suite
- Network Connection : Access to the Internet (recommended) or private networks (such as BT/RadianzNet network), either directly connected to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or from behind a firewall that allows HTTP traffic on port 80 and SSL traffic on port 443. The Thomson Reuters Messenger Edge Proxy can be used if connection to internet or private networks is not allowed.
- Languages : Users can send and receive messages in their native language, provided they have the relevant fonts installed. The user interface is only available in English.
Note: Use of Thomson Reuters Messenger requires that your desktop allow SSL connections with the enabled RC4 128-bit cipher suite.