SDC Platinum TM is the industry standard for information on new issues, M&A, syndicated loans, private equity, project finance, poison pills, and more. Backed by our international team of expert analysts, SDC Platinum satisfies your need for a global reach from a local perspective.
As the world's foremost financial transactions database, SDC Platinum is your source for the most thorough and accurate account of the global financial marketplace. SDC Platinum provides users with a robust database for analyzing investment banking and deal trends, identifying comparable deals, monitoring deal activity, and generating industry-leading league tables and market-share analysis.
SDC Platinum keeps you on top of the market with the most thorough and accurate M&A and new issues data. League tables generated using SDC are used as the authoritative source in annual reports, marketing materials, and pitchbooks.
With SDC Platinum, you can:
- Access the data you need with the industry's most comprehensive and historically extensive information source.
- Compare reliable data from globally-consistent, locally-focused sources.
- Analyze market share and the competitive landscape.
- Stay current on deal trends and new issues.
- Identify deal trends and perform comparable deal analysis.
- Trust in Thomson's industry-standard transactional information , market share reporting and volume analyses.
Why choose SDC Platinum?
- Deals Source: The most comprehensive in the marketplace.
- League Tables: Derived from the most robust and relevant league table criteria in the industry.
- Database Flexibility: Create complex searches, reports, and analysis.
- Comprehensive coverage: more than 1.9 million transactions and 7,500 data items, illustrating companies throughout their entire lifespan.
- Global issues: historical and on-going coverage of more than 119,000 global equity offerings and 550,000 global bond offerings.
- Worldwide syndicated loans: coverage spans more than 142,000 transactions and hundreds of data elements.
- Worldwide mergers, acquisitions and alliances: covers approximately 672,000 global M&As from 1985 to the present.
- Global public financings: historical and on-going coverage of more than 418,000 U.S. municipal new issues and thousands of Canadian and international public financings.
- Medium-term note programs: more than 6,500 continuously offered programs in the U.S., Europe and other global markets.
- Global project finance: coverage on more than 10,800 worldwide projects announced and financed on a limited or non-recourse basis.
- Corporate restructuring: historical and on-going coverage of more than 3,000 U.S. exchange offers and debt tenders; more than 3,700 U.S. bankruptcies.
- Corporate governance: historical and on-going coverage of more than 8,700 U.S., Canadian and Japanese poison pill plans; more than 590 U.S. proxy fights for corporate control; more than 13,600 U.S. repurchase programs.
We are pleased to announce the latest enhancements to SDC Platinum. Clients are encouraged to install the latest version 22.214.171.124 to take advantage of the new features, including:
- Statistics Enhancement – Users can now use statistics data (Number of deals eligible for statistics, Min, Max, Average, Median, Standard Deviation, Quartile1, and Quartile 3) under Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) under Custom analysis
- Deal Dialog box – (Specific deal) UI enhancement under M&A
- Value range Search – Minor Enhancement with <= and < options available across product
- Excel Download – Ability to select individual report outputs and download selected outputs in excel across product
- Top N Deals – Added new fields such as Announced date, Date effective/unconditional and Rank date to the dialog box
- Source attribution changes
A complete list of the latest features can be found in the Release Notes.
Upgrading is easy
- Login to our site https://customers.reuters.com/Home/, you can download 126.96.36.199 (user ID and password required) and install new version of SDC platinum. Setup guide contains instructions on how to configure SDC tools.
- Once the appropriate installation package is downloaded, double click on the icon to start up the installation process. During the installation you will only be prompted to specify the application target directory. SDC Platinum v188.8.131.52 can be installed in parallel with older versions of SDC Platinum.
- Note: .Net 3.5 framework needs to be installed.
Users of an older Version of SDC should update to Version 184.108.40.206 as soon as possible. Doing so ensures that you have access to the latest information and enhancements available in SDC Platinum.
- You must have .Net 3.5 framework installed.
2. Download (last updated: 7th March 2013)
- Download the update for v3.0 or higher (including version 4.0).
- Download the update for earlier versions.
- Download March 2013 Deals League Table enhancement details
- Download December 2012 Deals League Table enhancement details
- Download October 2012 Deals League Table enhancement details
- Download February 2012 Deals League Table enhancement details 60KB
- Download April 2011 Deals League Table (Japanese) enhancement details 541KB
- Download June 2011 Deals League Table enhancement details 770KB
- If an anti-virus package is installed on the PC, there will be a paintbox while the file is scanned.
- When the dialog box appears, choose a directory to download the zip file into. Choose a path that is easy to find and remember (e.g. desktop).
- When the file download is complete, go to the .zip file and open it. We will come back to this zip file shortly.
- Find the location of your SDC Platinum application. For most 2.2 versions it will be C:\Program Files\SDC\Platinum v2.2. For most 2.3 and 2.3b versions it will be C:\Program Files\SDC\Platinum. For most 3.0 and 4.0 versions it will be C:\Program Files\SDC\Platinum .
If the above does not match your Platinum path, find the directory located immediately above (1 level up from) Platinum's bin, dbf, and library directories.
- In the .zip file, click "Extract". Set the zip files "extract to" path to your Platinum directory. (Example: If Platinum's bin, dbf, and library files reside at "C:\ProgramFiles\SDC\Platinum\bin " (dbf and library respectively), set the zip "Extract to" path to C:\ProgramFiles\SDC\Platinum .
- Be sure to highlight the "Use Folder Names" and "Overwrite Existing Files" options in the WinZip dialog box. This will ensure that the files unzip to their proper folders, and you will not be prompted to overwrite each file.
- When the extraction is complete, you should not need to run SDC Tools before logging into SDC Platinum. However, if you ever see a message saying that the system administrator needs to update the picklists, running SDC Tools should fix this.
If any other errors are encountered, please call TFSD Client Support at (888) 989-TFSD(8373) for assistance.