Seize opportunity, develop strategies - improve performance
Start analysis with a firm foundation. Worldscope’s fundamental data on the world’s leading public and private companies represents over 95% of global market value. Widely respected for content quality, depth of detail, extensive company coverage and content presentation, Worldscope provides annual and interim/quarterly data, detailed historical financial statement content, per share data, calculated ratios, pricing and textual information. Standardized formats make for easy analysis of 57,000 companies with up to 20 years of historical data available.
With Worldscope Fundamentals, you can:
- Construct successful strategies and investment advice with industry and sector analysis.
- Make informed investment recommendations through easy comparison of the capital structures and financing strategies of corporations.
- Examine and analyze opportunities with a wealth of company data.
Why choose Worldscope Fundamentals?
- Comprehensive Annual History: From the late 1980s for firms in developed markets, and from the early 1990s for firms in emerging markets. Some annual records date back to 1980.
- Interim History : From 1998 for U.S. companies and from 2001 for non-U.S. companies.
- Standardized Presentation of Adjustments: Makes for easier comparison between companies: differences in accounting terminology, presentation, and language are normalized.
- Ratios : Hundreds of pre-calculated per share and growth/leverage ratios.
- Four Major Templates : Industrial, insurance, banks, and other financial templates are available to facilitate comparisons between companies and industries within and across national boundaries.
- Global Updates : Expert staff who speak more than 20 different languages update the Worldscope database from strategic locations ensuring a timely update cycle.
- Click-Through Functionality : Enhances data transparency, understanding and usability.
- Anytime Access : 24-hour client support.
- More than 50,000 companies incorporated in over 70 countries. (Over 33,000 of these companies are actively covered.)
- Up to 1,600 data items (including ratios) are potentially available for each full annual record. Approximately 800 items are available for small-cap companies’ annual records.
- Some 250 data items are available for each interim U.S. company record; up to 180 data items for non-U.S. interims.
- Companies meeting any one of several criteria, including market capitalization equal to or greater than US $100 million, receive full dataset coverage. Others receive limited coverage.
- Standardized financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement).
- Calculated ratios (annual and five-year averages for growth rates, profitability, leverage,liquidity, asset utilization, etc.).
- Weekly and monthly market price data ; market capitalization.
- Extensive per share data (EPS, BVPS, CFPS, etc.).
Security and Market Identifiers
- Product and geographic segment data.
- Textual profile data (including officers, address, web address, major shareholders,business descriptions).
- Restated data available from 2004 in addition to original accounts.
- Click-through functionality provides unprecedented data transparency by displaying calculations of Worldscope values and linking to where the individual components appear in the original source document.
- Worldscope offers comprehensive annual history from the late 1980s for firms in developed markets, and from the early 1990s for firms in emerging markets. Some annual records date back to 1980. Worldscope also provides interim history from 1998 for U.S. companies and from 2001 for non-U.S. companies.