Reuters Trading for Foreign Exchange
Reuters Trading for Foreign Exchange (RTFX) offers a single point of access to global FX liquidity.
Available on Reuters 3000 Xtra and Reuters Dealing 3000, RTFX provides access to multiple market makers with a single login. Together with the real-time news and prices on these Thomson Reuters platforms, RTFX’s trading capability means you can move seamlessly from price discovery to execution.
RTFX is based on Reuters Electronic Trading technology, used by more than 100 leading FX banks.
Reuters Trading for Foreign Exchange was the winner in the Best Foreign Exchange Trading Platform category in the Financial News Awards for Excellence in Trading & Technology. To decide the Awards, Financial News sought the expertise of a distinguished independent panel of industry practitioners. The panel judged which of the many firms within European operations had the most success in their technology development and investment over the past year.
With Reuters Trading for Foreign Exchange, you can:
- Access deep liquidity – ensuring tight spreads and a competitive market
- Trade efficiently, in real time – with ‘one click’ trading on streaming prices
- Choose from the most influential market makers – a single sign-on gives you access to multiple institutions
- Increase efficiency and STP – with seamless execution that minimizes time constraints
- Trade automatically – trigger one-click ‘fast trades’ when your price is matched
Why choose Reuters Trading for Foreign Exchange?
- Neutral platform: We have built relationships with leading global and regional FX banks that offer prices on a wide range of currency pairs from majors, to exotics, to precious metals.
- Thriving FX trading community: RTFX has grown month on month since its launch.
- Multi-bank executable prices all in one place: Having all your liquidity together saves valuable screen real estate.
- Secure, trader-friendly environment: Just select the prices on offer then click to trade and automatically execute with your chosen liquidity provider.
- Integrated desktop with a single sign-on: Swift access to streaming executable FX prices from multiple liquidity providers
- Reuters Fast Trade: One-click trading on streaming prices
- Competitive View: See the best price instantly. Compare prices from your preferred price makers on one screen, with ‘click and deal’ or request for quote
- Limit order functionality: Leave orders with your bank
- RTFX Benchmark Rate: Compare your trading price with the current market price
- Customized blotter: Choose your view by price maker, currency pair and deal type from the day's current or archived trades, to trades executed. Export data in HTML, CSV and Excel formats
- Reporting: See your trading activity with clarity and detail
- Auto Trade: Automatically trigger Fast Trades when your price is matched
- Broken Date Swaps: Specify the near and far leg dates for these instruments
- Manual Price Notification: Identify when your trade is being quoted by a trader rather than a price engine
- Mini-forwards in a single click: A neat way of moving from spot to forward rates
- Contact your price maker: Talk to the price maker before you trade
- Algorithmic Trading - Connect to maker's algorithmic engines
|PC||Pentium processor 733MHz (min) 1GHz or above (recommended)|
|RAM:||512Mb (min) 1Gb or above (recommended)|
|Disk Space (made available for virtual memory):||(made available for virtual memory: 384Mb (min) 768Mb or above (recommended)|
|Temporary Internet Folder:||50Mb (min) 500Mb (recommended)|
|Operating Systems:||Windows® 2000 (SP 2 or above)
Windows® XP (SP1 or above)
|Browsers:||Microsoft® Internet Explorer v5.5 SP2 and above|
|Java:||Sun JRE 1.5.0_11 is recommended.
Thomson Reuters has also tested with recent updates of the Sun JRE 1.5.0 and 1.6.0 families with no issues.
|MS JVM:||IMPORTANT: Please be aware that RTFX will not support MS JVM from 1st Jan 2009.|
- Download flyer 491KB
- Download quick start guide 1.05MB
- Download what's new guide 48KB
- Download autotrade quick start guide 159KB
- Download support of Microsoft JVM 38KB
Already a Customer?
Access support for this product at the Thomson Reuters Customer Zone (registration required)
- Thomson Reuters Dealing
- Thomson Reuters Forward Matching
- Thomson Reuters Matching for Prime Brokerage
- Thomson Reuters Messenger
- Thomson Reuters Spot Matching
- Thomson Reuters Deal Tracker
- Reuters 3000 Xtra
- Thomson Reuters Trade Notification