Thomson ONE Hedge Fund Trading
Find new pools of liquidity more easily and make smarter decisions faster.
Find pools of liquidity quickly and generate credible trading ideas. Thomson Reuters offers a solution specifically designed for hedge fund traders. Enjoy integrated access to a range of world-class sources for trading and financial analytics within a single desktop that includes: AutEx, Baseline, StreetEvents and First Call. Choose Thomson ONE Hedge Fund Trading and make smarter decisions faster.
With Thomson ONE Hedge Fund Trading, you can:
- Make well-informed trading and investment decisions.
- Generate ideas and act quickly to find trading partners.
- Get instant access in stocks with market-moving insight.
- Find comprehensive, timely, and accurate fundamental information blended with real-time pre-trade analytics.
- Access a range of world-class sources for trading and financial analytics, including AutEx, Baseline, StreetEvents and First Call, all in a single solution.
Why choose Thomson ONE Hedge Fund Trading?
- Industry-leading sources: Make smarter decisions faster, safe in the knowledge that you are acting on the optimal combination of buy-side trading and financial analytics.
- Flex Monitor: Get AutEx IOIs, BlockDATA, Baseline, StreetEvents, and First Call notes delivered directly to your desktop, so your eyes never leave the market.
- Write customized mathematical formulas, set basic alerts, and monitor trading strategies easily and in real time to better time entry and exit points.
- Evaluate intraday stock reactions to earnings announcements to improve stocks performance predictions.
- AutEx: Identify market liquidity and potential trading partners quickly from the largest global financial network.
- Baseline: Understand and monitor financial trends and analyze company performance with graphical representations of fundamental analyses.
- StreetEvents Calendar and Guidance: Make well-informed trading and investment decisions using market-moving events information and customized events calendars and alerts, all linked directly through your monitoring tools.
- First Call Research and Estimates: Gain deep insight into your stocks with real-time and historical analyst earnings estimates, consensus estimates, operating actuals, and expected reporting dates - all from the industry's leading source of real-time broker research.
To maximize Thomson ONE’s performance, we recommend the hardware and software components listed below. Actual system performance may vary depending on the feature set, number of symbols monitored and general market activity.
The system requirements proposed assume that Thomson ONE runs with minimal additional activity on your system. When selecting hardware, consider the use of additional applications, as this will affect system performance.
For security, our internet price servers reject HTTP requests from IP addresses that do not match the source IP used during initial login to Thomson ONE. If you are using a load balancing solution, please ensure all server requests maintain a consistent source IP address.
All PCs running Thomson ONE should use PCI LAN and video cards, running the latest drivers for each.
- Required available hard disk space for all solutions: 500MB
Note: We highly recommend setting the Temporary Internet Files folder to use at least 100MB of disk space.
- Recommended for all Thomson ONE Solutions: Windows XP or Windows 2000 (With the latest Services Pack, Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ, 1GB RAM 1,2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - 6.0 or above
- Sun Microsystems’ Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition
(J2SE) 3 - 1.4 or above
- Microsoft Windows Installer - 2.0 or above
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 4 - 2.6 or above
- Microsoft .NET Framework - 1.1
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-Time - Service Pack 5
- Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) - 3.0 and 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Script - 5.1 or above
- PDFcamp 5 - 1.75 or above
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 - 5.0 or above
- Adobe Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Viewer - 3.0 or above
1 We highly recommend more memory and a faster processor to optimize performance for power users, as well as users running other applications with Thomson ONE. Minimum memory and processor requirements assume no additional applications will be running with Thomson ONE.
2 Thomson ONE requires an Intel Pentium III or above processor with SSE (Streaming SIMD Extensions) instruction set support. If the SSE instruction set is not available or disabled, Thomson ONE returns the following error message: “Thomson ONE cannot run on this computer because the processor does not support the SSE instruction set. Please verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.”
3 We recommend Sun Microsystems’ Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 1.4 or above for users to take full advantage of specific Thomson ONE features and components (i.e., MMD Interactive, Stock Reports+).
4 MDAC is required for Thomson ONE with BETALink.
5 PDFcamp is required for email capture functionality in News 3.4 and above.
6 If Internet Explorer 7.0 is installed, Acrobat 7.0 or above is required.
Note: We follow Microsoft and third party product life cycles leveraging Microsoft technology and industry standards. Thomson Reuters hardware and software requirements are subject to change without notice. For support or compatibility with future third party software with Thomson ONE, please refer to release notices for the latest information.