Thomson ONE Buy-Side Trading
Receive and monitor alerts across multiple asset classes and time market exit and entry points precisely using customized alerts that reflect your strategies.
Find counterparties easily, With Thomson ONE Buy-side Trading, you can swiftly identify the most appropriate trading partners from the world's largest pool of liquidity and make informed decisions quickly and easily. Thomson ONE delivers customized data directly to your desktop, including filtered AutEx IOIs, advertised trades, and customized trading alerts.
The advanced alerts interface in Thomson ONE enables you to create and manage alerts across multiple asset classes. As well as setting alerts for AutEx IOIs and advertised trades, you can time market exit and entry points precisely by setting customized alerts for strategies including unusual volume. Choose those elements of information that drive your performance and move quickly to turn that information into opportunity.
With Thomson ONE Buy-Side Trading, you can:
- Discover market trends.
- Identify optimum trading partners.
- Minimize market impact while maximizing returns.
Why choose Thomson ONE Buy-Side Trading?
- Industry-Leading Sources : Our integration of trading and financial analytics lets buy-side traders make smarter decisions faster.
- StreetEvents Calendar : Comprehensive global earnings and events calendar.
- AutEx IOIs and Advertised Trades : Direct access to the world's largest financial community and deepest pool of liquidity through the Thomson ONE monitoring tools.
- Reuters News : Enjoy exclusive insights and timely coverage of market-moving US financial news stories.
- VWAP : Monitor and display time-defined volume weighted average price (VWAP) alongside customized trading screens.
- Standard Deals : View and monitor all deal activity relevant to M&A transactions, equity and bond issues, and loans.
- Ownership : Search a powerful database of institutional stock holdings and turnover levels to gain a deep understanding of investor breakdown and trading styles.
- Stock Reports+ : Unbiased stock rating analysis that provides a new outlook and strategy for trading.
- Streamlined Workflow : Get AutEx IOIs, BlockDATA, StreetEvents, and First Call notes delivered directly to your desktop, so your eyes never leave the market.
To maximize Thomson ONE’s performance, we recommend the hardware and software components listed below. Actual system performance may vary depending on the feature set, number of symbols monitored and general market activity.
The system requirements proposed assume that Thomson ONE runs with minimal additional activity on your system. When selecting hardware, consider the use of additional applications, as this will affect system performance.
For security, our internet price servers reject HTTP requests from IP addresses that do not match the source IP used during initial login to Thomson ONE. If you are using a load balancing solution, please ensure all server requests maintain a consistent source IP address.
All PCs running Thomson ONE should use PCI LAN and video cards, running the latest drivers for each.
- Required available hard disk space for all solutions: 500MB
Note: We highly recommend setting the Temporary Internet Files folder to use at least 100MB of disk space.
- Recommended for all Thomson ONE Solutions: Windows XP or Windows 2000 (With the latest Services Pack, Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ, 1GB RAM 1,2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer - 6.0 or above
- Sun Microsystems’ Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition
(J2SE) 3 - 1.4 or above
- Microsoft Windows Installer - 2.0 or above
- Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 4 - 2.6 or above
- Microsoft .NET Framework - 1.1
- Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Run-Time - Service Pack 5
- Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) - 3.0 and 4.0
- Microsoft Windows Script - 5.1 or above
- PDFcamp 5 - 1.75 or above
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 6 - 5.0 or above
- Adobe Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Viewer - 3.0 or above
1 We highly recommend more memory and a faster processor to optimize performance for power users, as well as users running other applications with Thomson ONE. Minimum memory and processor requirements assume no additional applications will be running with Thomson ONE.
2 Thomson ONE requires an Intel Pentium III or above processor with SSE (Streaming SIMD Extensions) instruction set support. If the SSE instruction set is not available or disabled, Thomson ONE returns the following error message: “Thomson ONE cannot run on this computer because the processor does not support the SSE instruction set. Please verify that your computer meets the minimum system requirements.”
3 We recommend Sun Microsystems’ Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 1.4 or above for users to take full advantage of specific Thomson ONE features and components (i.e., MMD Interactive, Stock Reports+).
4 MDAC is required for Thomson ONE with BETALink.
5 PDFcamp is required for email capture functionality in News 3.4 and above.
6 If Internet Explorer 7.0 is installed, Acrobat 7.0 or above is required.
Note: We follow Microsoft and third party product life cycles leveraging Microsoft technology and industry standards. Our hardware and software requirements are subject to change without notice. For support or compatibility with future third party software with Thomson ONE, please refer to release notices for the latest information.