Thomson Reuters Elektron Real Time
High performance local access to global markets
Thomson Reuters Elektron Real Time is a low-latency consolidated feed that delivers full tick, depth-of-market data; helping customers to source high quality global information and minimize the total cost of ownership of their real-time infrastructures.
- Full tick, depth-of-market data
- Unified, logical data model
- Efficient bandwidth optimized binary transport protocol
- Global coverage with real-time feeds covering more than 350 exchange-traded and OTC markets, along with award-winning news and analytics
- Truly distributed global architecture for local collections and distribution
- Resiliency and service management
- Full choice of last-mile connectivity options, including Thomson Reuters Managed Connectivity (TRMC) and Customer Managed Connectivity (CMC)
Lower Latency Delivery - Elektron revolutionizes the way that data is sourced and delivered by moving to a truly distributed global architecture – enabling in-region collection and distribution of data – supported by data centers in the world’s key financial centers. To further enhance performance, Elektron leverages a binary encoded, bandwidth optimized wire protocol that reduces message sizes by up to 50% and is much more efficient to process.
Greater Flexibility and Precision - With Thomson Reuters completely extensible and Open Message Model (OMM), Elektron supports more complex and varied data types, including bespoke trade status indicators, full depth-of-market order book data or even exchange timestamps with millisecond precision.
Broader and Deeper Coverage - Elektron delivers market-by-price full depth of book for global venues. The extensible nature of OMM also makes it easier and quicker for Thomson Reuters to on-board new content, both from exchanges and other sources.
Easier to Integrate - Based on a unified and extensible data model, all of the message fields that are common across exchange feeds will be managed using consistent field identifiers, making it easier for customers to integrate Elektron Real-Time content into their chosen workflow applications. Elektron also provides full backwards compatibility with legacy data models for ease of migration.
Lower TCO - Elektron accommodates global content via a single access device so customers can consolidate their data services and minimize connectivity costs with a complete choice of last mile connectivity options.