Westlaw® Patents saves you time in your legal research and gives you confidence in the results, so that you can focus on your strategy and deliver better results to your clients.
Superior legal content and exclusive research tools for your patent prosecution and litigation practice.
Be confident that you’re not missing anything by searching comprehensive legal content – all in one place
- IP cases, statutes and regulations
- Markman Orders – over 3,000 documents in one exclusive collection
- USPTO and ITC administrative decisions and supporting filings
- Full-text US patents and PCT patent applications
- Millions of European and Asian patents including English-language patents from China, Japan and Korea
- INPADOC – EPO summaries of 60 million patents from more than 80 countries
- Derwent World Patents Index® – English-language abstracts of patents from 44 countries
- Authoritative guidance from Moy's Walker on Patents, Matthews' Annotated Patent Digest, McCarthy on Trademarks and Patry on Copyright
STREAMLINE YOUR RESEARCH PROCESS WITH EXTENSIVE LINKING
- Keycite Patent Citator lets you view the comprehensive history of a patent and conveniently link to all related Westlaw documents.
- All relevant documents are interconnected on Westlaw between patents, cases, administrative materials and secondary sources.
- Related patent documents are presented as links from the full-text patent, which is the primary starting point for your research.
Understand your matter more quickly – and spend more time on your legal strategy – with time-saving tools, graphical displays and search support
- Patent Claims Version Comparator – Instantly shows you where changes occurred during prosecution.
- Claims Locator – The most powerful search tool available that delivers relevant claims even when using different specific terms.
- Graphical Patent Families Tree – Shows visually how multiple patents are interconnected.
- Graphical Patent Claims – Provides a quick, easy overview of the evolution of patent claims, with links to full previous claims versions.
- Research Assistance – Get 24x7 live research support from licensed West Reference Attorneys.
For more information, please visit Westlaw Patents.