Westlaw® Practitioner is an entirely new way of meeting all the information needs and necessities of an attorney's practice -- the necessary, but time-consuming tasks that slow legal professionals down every day.
With Westlaw Practitioner, professionals have access to instant profiling of judges and opposing attorneys, vast numbers of current, topically-specific briefs and dockets, plus forms, checklists, jury verdicts, and valuable practice guidance from "real world" experts -- all online and always readily available.
Westlaw® Practitioner is available for the following practice areas: bankruptcy, business law, construction law, DUI, elder law, employment law, environmental law, estate planning, family law, insurance defense, immigration law, municipal law, patent, real property, securities and workers’ compensation.
With Westlaw Practitioner, you can:
- Access powerful online research tools including judge and attorney profiles, briefs and dockets, plus forms finder tool to streamline the key client support tasks you do on a daily basis.
- Tailor the vast content and resources on Westlaw to the unique needs of practitioners in 16 practice areas.
- Search across all of Westlaw for on-point forms, checklists and clauses on topics pertaining to your specific practice area.
Why choose Westlaw Practitioner?
- Developed in collaboration with legal professionals, this exclusive Westlaw product is designed specifically to streamline the tasks you do on a daily basis -- and deliver the strategic information you need.
- Westlaw Practitioner is in step with your practice. Efficient, thorough, and easy, it takes you all the way from initial client contact to closing the case file.
- Westlaw Practitioner not only provides access to cases and statutes, but also provides access to valuable analytical and secondary resources such as Practice Guides and Treatises written by some of the most well-known experts in the field.
We looked at how you work. We met with practitioners like you specializing in these fields, and we built Westlaw® Practitioner to compile in one easy online location the tools and information you need every day. Westlaw Practitioner is currently available for the following practice areas:
- Bankruptcy Practitioner: Access cases, codes and rules, including local rules. Link to over 12,000 bankruptcy appellate briefs. Seamlessly access bankruptcy dockets. Launch Chap 7-13 Filing Software; complete and e-file bankruptcy forms.
- Business Law Practitioner: Find state and federal cases, statutes and regulations. Access forms from the major sources such as BTS. Search information on people and companies, including your state and all state Secretary of State filings.
- Construction Law Practitioner: Reference leading practice guides including Bruner & O'Connor on Construction Law. Locate forms and litigation materials specific to construction law. Utilize KeySearch for several construction law topics.
- DUI Practitioner: Search Testing Device Cases to research the device used in your case and discover how rulings on the device may have affected the outcome. Access resources that offer coverage of Criminal Procedures including the 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments. Gain quick access to a wide variety of relevant forms, checklists and clauses.
- Elder Law Practitioner: Use West Forms Finder to easily search by elder law topics such as "Medicaid planning". Locate federal cases, statutes and regulations for health, housing, pension and retirement, social security and veterans' benefits.
- Employment Law Practitioner: Explore employment-specific practice guides covering topics from developing employee handbooks to compensation and benefit plans. Stay current on latest employment law developments with access to several newsletters. Search by subject and state profiles of attorneys, judges and expert witnesses.
- Environmental Law Practitioner: Get expert analysis from practice guides and treatises such as Rodgers' Environmental Law. Review the Environmental Data Resources collection of federal and state administrative materials including site records, enforcement actions and administrative decisions.
- Estate Planning Practitioner: Access your state cases, statutes and administrative materials. Access practice guides and treatises like Bogert: Trusts and Trustees, offering expert analysis. Access historical stock quotes for quick date-of-death valuation of stocks.
- Family Law Practitioner: Use divorce calculations software to view tax consequences and speed up negotiations. Quickly locate people and criminal history with state and multi-state criminal records and people tracker records. Find and value assets, tax assessor information and real property legal descriptions with asset valuation tools.
- Insurance Defense Practitioner: Ensure your research is comprehensive with West’s editorially enhanced case law, including West’s exclusive Topic and Key Number System – Key 217 (Insurance). Gain quick access to multi-state insurance cases and/or multi-state tort cases. Analyze the law and evaluate legal strategy with Insurance Defense Practice Guides including Couch on Insurance.
- Immigration Law Practitioner: Access premier practice guides such as Immigration Law Service, 2d providing in-depth coverage of topics surrounding immigration. Get practical advice on the intricate legal procedures and paperwork involving immigration with Fragomen & Bell immigration handbooks. Find official immigration forms with our exclusive West Forms Finder tool.
- Municipal Law Practitioner: Stay current on the latest municipal happenings with current awareness materials such as McQuillin’s Municipal Law Reports and the Zoning and Planning Report. Receive practical guidance for drafting ordinances with Matthews Municipal Ordinances. Find the right form, checklist or on-point clause with West’s Forms Finder tool.
- Patents Practitioner: Search Delphion®, providing U.S. and international patent collections, using unique search and analytical tools. Use the KeyCite Patent Citator to link to information from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Board of Patent Appeals and Interference, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Real Property Practitioner: Utilize Real Property Reports to value a property or find the exact legal description. Save trips to the courthouse with original deed images for hundreds of counties in more than 35 states. Access Real Property Model Documents for documents drafted by top law firms across the country and filed with the SEC.
- Securities Practitioner: Search No-Action Letters, Staff Review Letters, SEC Releases and Blue Sky for cases, statutes, regulations and administrative decisions. Get market leading analysis on every aspect of securities law with West’s Securities Law Series, or the “Blue Books”.
Workers’ Compensation Practitioner: Access your state’s workers’ compensation Administrative Hearing Decisions to review administrative level cases similar to yours. Reference several medical resources, allowing you to gain a better understanding of medical terminology. Determine the status of the law at the time an incident occurred with access to Historical State Statutes.