Westlaw® StatutesPlus TM combines the ease of paper-based statutory research with the searching and linking capabilities of westlaw.com. StatutesPlus helps researchers find statutes with research tools including a dynamic index and popular name table; verify statutes with the power of KeyCite®; and interpret statutes with links to all information related to a statute.
With Westlaw® StatutesPlus, researchers can find, verify, read and interpret statutes with amazing efficiency. Users can see all the right information and know the research is complete and on-point.
Statutes research the way you've always wanted it to be.
With Westlaw StatutesPlus, you can:
- Find, verify, read and interpret statutes with amazing efficiency.
- Research legislative history. Federal and State Legislative History Libraries are now fully integrated on Westlaw®, offering you even greater insights and efficiencies as you use statutes to devise your legal strategies.
- Accurate, on-point statute research. Instant access to the exact version of a statute as it existed when your client's legal matter took place. Enter the historical date, and PastStat Locator® cuts through the amendments and revisions to show you the text of the law as it existed on that date.
Why choose Westlaw StatutesPlus?
- Easily readable, book-like text lets you open an entire chapter for easy browsing.
- History and Citing References assure you don't miss important developments.
- Faster access to referenced subsections. The most integrated system for thorough, on-point interpretation. You can even track your bill through the legislative process, link to its legislative history and see past versions, all from the statute you're viewing.
- Fast, intuitive research of case law, treatises, law reviews, and more; with links to all related information.
Finding statutes has never been so easy:
- Have a few key terms? Indexes, the best print finding tool for statutes, are only on Westlaw®.
- Know the common name? The Popular Name Table offers pinpoint access.
- Familiar with the subject matter? Link easily from the Table of Contents.
- Have a citation or section number? Save time with the pre-formatted templates.
- Or, simply search with Natural Language or "terms and connectors."
Integrated system for thorough, on-point interpretation:
- More finding tools all in one place
- Convenient links to Westlaw documents discussing your statute
- KeyCite® status and pending legislation, plus KeyCite Alert
- Indexes for USCA and West's state codes
- Links to additional relevant cases via West Key Numbers