Clear . Clever. Concise.
Westlaw UK gives you access to vast but easily searchable databases of case law, legislation, news, journals, commentary, Current Awareness alerts and EU legal materials.
Combined with a user-friendly interface, it ensures that your searches are easy to perform and you can find the legal information you need to make the difference.
The UK's legal online information service.
With Westlaw UK, you can:
- New interface customised for UK lawyers.
- Powerful functionality and a fast, precise user experience.
- Current awareness three times a day, case reporting within 24 hours.
- Leading case law collection.
- Consolidated legislation back to 1267, updated daily.
- Versioning function detailing how the law stood before and after amendments.
- Sweet & Maxwell's Common Law Library.
- International news and business coverage.
- 24/7 legally trained customer support team.
Why choose Westlaw UK?
- Westlaw® UK was recently redesigned in collaboration with the UK legal profession including law firms, barristers, in-house counsel, academics and the public sector. The new Westlaw® UK is a combination of the finest legal content dating back to 1267 with a user-experience optimized for fast, precise and powerful online research.
- The new interface includes enhanced content, superior functionality and special features, including the capability to research using a Blackberry® device or intranet knowledge management integration.
- Compliant with both leading screen reader software and the DDA requirements.
- Case law from some of the UK’s most renowned reporting series and over 350,000 case reports and transcripts dating back to 1220
- The Law Reports series published by the Incorporated Council of Law Reporting for England and Wales
- Weekly Law Reports & Industrial Cases Reports
- English Reports from 1220
- Session Cases from the SCLR
- Sweet & Maxwell Law Reports
- Full-text transcripts covering the Supreme Court and the House of Lords, Court of Appeal, plus selected High Court and Tribunal judgments back to 1999
- Citations, case digests and official transcripts supplied for key law reports not available in full text on Westlaw UK
- Case Analysis documents for all cases, which lay out the facts and provide quick links to related cases, legislation, journal articles and commentary titles
- From the foundations of UK law to the very latest legislative developments, our legislation service gives you the complete picture of the law
- Consolidated legislation, updated daily and dating back to 1267 for Acts, 1948 for SIs
- Legislation Analysis documents provide all information pertinent to a provision with links to related content
- Historical and prospective versions let you search for and see how legislation looked in the past, and how it will look in the future
- Over 100 journals and access to abstracts of every article in every legal journal in Europe via the Legal Journals Index
Books and Looseleafs Online
- Analytical commentary from the entire Common Law Library and a range of market-leading books and looseleafs including the White Book and Archbold
- Set up alerts and save your research in easy to manage folders on Westlaw UK
- Practice area specific services
- National, regional and international news and business updates
- EU and international material
- Current awareness updated every 15 minutes
- Easy-to-use and intuitive search functionality
- Intranet solutions for customised knowledge management systems
- My folders - store and organise all your legal research on Westlaw UK