Arts & Humanities Citation Index
Arts & Humanities Citation Index ®, accessed via Web of Science SM, provides researchers, administrators, faculty, and students with quick, powerful access to the bibliographic and citation information they need to find research data, analyze trends, journals, and researchers, and share their findings.
Overcome information overload and focus on essential data from over 1,700 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals.
Includes specialized indexing for the arts and humanities.
With Arts & Humanities Citation Index, you can:
- Find high-impact articles from peer-reviewed, influential journals.
- Uncover relevant results in related fields.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose Arts & Humanities Citation Index?
- Comprehensive and Relevant Coverage: Every journal included in Arts & Humanities Citation Index® has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Cited Reference Searching: Track prior research and monitor current developments, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of colleagues' work, and follow the path of today's hottest ideas. Navigate forward, backward and through the literature, searching all disciplines and time spans to discover information with impact.
- Easy Author Identification: Locate articles written by the same authors in a simple, single search. Find the right author, right away — eliminating the problems of similar author names or several authors with the same name.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool. You can also capture citation activity with Citation Report, instantly creating formatted reports to view vital citation information for individuals or institutions.
- Specialized Access Points: Find even the most elusive or complex data with unique indexing options. Title Enhancements add clarifying terms to titles that are obscure or hard to find. Implicit citations are references to works not formally footnoted in journal articles.
- Cover-to-cover indexing: With Arts and Humanities Citation Index®, you can access every significant item from a journal, including original research articles, reviews, editorials, chronologies, abstracts, scripts, and more.
- A full range of disciplines: Find information in areas such as archeology, architecture, dance, music, film and theater, history, humanities, literature, and religion.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any Arts and Humanities Citation Index® user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote® Web as you search, share EndNote® Webfolders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- KeyWords Plus®: Enhance the power of cited reference searching by searching across disciplines for all the articles that have cited references in common.
- Times Cited: Discover a paper's influence by linking to all the papers that have cited it.
- Full-text links: Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches and Citation Alerts.
Formats and Delivery Options:
- Internet: Via Web of Science®, updated weekly; includes author abstracts from 1999 forward; backfiles to 1975; network options.
- CD-ROM: updated triannually, subscription includes annual cumulation on one disc; backfiles to 1990.
- Arts & Humanities Search: Via Dialog, DataStar, and OCLC, updated weekly; backfiles to 1980.
- Web of Science: This is just one of the multidisciplinary citation databases available within Web of ScienceSM, the definitive resource for global research. You can search five databases simultaneously within Web of Science, as well as any other databases you subscribe to through Web of Knowledge.
- Science Citation Index Expanded: Over 8,300 major journals across 150 disciplines, to 1900.
- Social Sciences Citation Index®: Over 4,500 journals across 50 social science disciplines, as well as 3,500 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals, to 1900.
- Index Chemicus®: Over 2.6 million compounds, to 1993.
- Current Chemical Reactions®: Over one million reactions, to 1986, plus INPI archives from 1840 to 1985.
- Web of KnowledgeSM: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034