BIOSIS Citation Index
Get a comprehensive view of life sciences research, including the most important discoveries, significant influences and relevant connections. The new BIOSIS Citation Index combines the unique BIOSIS content that is critical to life sciences research with powerful citation indexing only the Web of Knowledge platform can provide. You can rely on comprehensive and relevant life sciences coverage that eliminates excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
Access to the BIOSIS Citation Index will also give you the opportunity for a first look at the new Web of Knowledge search environment for 2010: Your citation source.
What YOU CAN DO:
- Find the first mention of plants, organisms, chemicals, or lab techniques in various life sciences fields.
- Access high quality journal content as well as content from reports, reviews, and meetings
- Discover high-impact article and related records that are based on shared references
- Detect emerging trends that help pursue successful research and grant acquisition
- Follow the history or methodology of a topic
- See where top Life Sciences researchers are publishing and presenting findings
- Identify potential collaborators with significant publication records
- Ease searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one integrated process
- Produce high quality papers that reflect how past work forms the context for today’s life sciences discoveries.
- Get a comprehensive, yet focused, view of life sciences literature from a resource designed specifically for the biological community.
What YOU'LL FIND:
- Cited reference searching with a citation breakdown summary to keep track of citation counts from various resources
- Seamless access, research, and discovery in the life sciences with coverage of nearly 6,000 journal titles 18 million records with coverage to 1926
- Over 165,000 documents from more than 1,500 meetings
- Enhanced author identification, analysis and visualization tools
- Specialized indexing, with tags to vital data such as Enzyme Commission numbers, and cross-references throughout to gene, disease, and organism names
- Intuitive searching capabilities such as spell check, left hand truncation, and auto detect for search terms
- BIOSIS Citation Index
Comprehensive, international life sciences content with cited references.
- Biological Abstracts®
Includes journal coverage of the life sciences, with topics ranging from botany to microbiology to pharmacology.
- BIOSIS Previews®
An expansive index to life sciences and biomedical research from journals, meetings, books, and patents.
Download the Factsheet PDF
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034