Find the data you need to prepare research projects, grant proposals and follow trends in the life sciences. BIOSIS Previews combines journal content from Biological Abstracts ® with supplemental, non-journal coverage from Biological Abstracts/RRM ® (Reports, Reviews, Meetings). Specialized indexing helps you discover more accurate, context-sensitive results.
"Our academic and research staff demand high standards in library and information service provision. The addition of BIOSIS Previews expands our coverage of life sciences and biomedical sciences literature and will help our staff and students to go deeper and stay current on a wider range of subject areas."— John Fitzgerald, University Librarian, University College Cork
With BIOSIS Previews®, you can:
- Uncover relevant results in more fields of life sciences research than any other source in the world.
- Explore coverage complementary to other Web of Knowledge databases — including over 1,500 biomedical meetings and patents and book contents not available in Web of Science or MEDLINE.
- Find high-impact articles from peer-reviewed, influential journals.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose BIOSIS Previews®?
- Comprehensive and Relevant Coverage: Every item included in BIOSIS Previews has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Integrated access to other Web of Knowledge data and tools: Accessing BIOSIS Previews on the Web of Knowledge platform means you can simultaneously search all other Web of Knowledge resources your institution subscribes to, and take advantage of their powerful tools such as cited reference searching. One common vocabulary within this platform enables your search terms to be matched to all relevant terms that may be categorized differently in other databases, delivering more complete and relevant results.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- Backfile Data to 1926: Track over 80 years of vital data and find the supporting — or refuting — data you need. Modern indexing terms and search functions have been added to older backfiles to further ease your search. More backfiles give you the power to conduct deeper, more comprehensive searches and track trends through time.
- A full range of disciplines: Find information in virtually every life sciences discipline, including traditional biology (botany, ecology, zoology), interdisciplinary subjects (biochemistry, biomedicine, and biotechnology), and related areas such as instrumentation and methods.
- Current information: BIOSIS Previews is updated weekly, with 500,000 records added annually. Over 5,000 journals, as well as non-journal literature, provide you with access to up to 18 million records from 1926 to the present.
- Specialized indexing: Use specialized indexing for more accurate retrieval, including taxonomic data and terms, enhanced MeSH disease terms, Sequence Databank Numbers, and Major Concepts controlled vocabulary back to 1969.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote
® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any BIOSIS Previews on Web of Knowledge user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote Web as you search, share EndNote Web folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- Full-text links: Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches.
- Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- Web of Science: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
- Biological Abstracts: Covers the world's life sciences literature, including over 4,200 journals from 100 countries.
- Zoological Record: The definitive animal biology resource and the world's leading taxonomic reference.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034