The most comprehensive source of international research information in agriculture and all related applied life sciences, produced by CABI Publishing. Use specialized indexing and vocabulary to focus your exploration of global coverage from journals, books, abstracts, published theses, conference proceedings, bulletins, monographs, and technical reports.
CAB Abstracts ® covers more core serials in agriculture and the applied life sciences than any other database.
With CAB Abstracts, you can:
- Search multiple disciplines and time spans.
- Uncover relevant results in related fields.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose CAB Abstracts?
- Relevant, high quality content: Every item included in CAB Abstracts has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Integrated access to other Web of Knowledge data and tools: Accessing CAB Abstracts® on the Web of Knowledge platform means you can simultaneously search all other Web of Knowledge SM resources your institution subscribes to. You can find complementary information on resources such as Web of Science, FSTA — Food Science Technology Abstracts® and BIOSIS Previews®, while taking advantage of powerful tools such as cited reference searching. One common vocabulary within this platform enables your search terms to be matched to all relevant terms that may be categorized differently in other databases, delivering more complete and relevant results.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- Backfile Data to 1910: Track nearly 100 years of vital data and find the supporting — or refuting — data you need. Modern indexing terms and search functions have been added to older backfiles to further ease your search. More backfiles give you the power to conduct deeper, more comprehensive searches and track trends through time.
- A full range of disciplines: CAB Abstracts offers insights into a wide range of disciplines, including agriculture, forestry, human nutrition, veterinary medicine, and the environment. You can explore research areas such as genetically modified organisms, genetically modified food and crops, diet and obesity, as well as research areas not usually associated with agriculture, such as all aspects of veterinary medicine from diagnosis to surgery and veterinary public health, animal health and production issues, biofuels, aquaculture, and land/water management.
- International content: CAB Abstracts provides global coverage, indexing content from over 7,400 journals from 140 countries in 50 languages. Over 200,000 records are added annually.
- Specialized indexing: Drill down to specific topics using focused indexing, subject classifications, and the specially designed controlled vocabulary within the CAB Thesaurus.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote ® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any CAB Abstracts on ISI Web of Knowledge ® user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote ® Web as you search, share EndNote ® Web folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- Full-text links: Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches.
- Web of Knowledge®: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, ISI Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- Web of Science®: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034