Chinese Science Citation Database
Thomson Reuters has partnered with the Chinese Academy of Sciences to host the Chinese Science Citation Database on the Web of Knowledge platform. Fully integrated and searchable within Web of Knowledge, this database covers approximately 1,200 top scholarly publications from China, with nearly 2 million records in total.
The Chinese Science Citation Database is the first non-English product available within Web of Knowledge. Web of Knowledge now supports Unicode — expanding search capabilities beyond English to character languages and empowering Chinese Science Citation Database and other Web of Science users with new customization options. This upgrade makes it possible to present much of the bibliographic information in both Chinese (Simplified) and English.
Unicode allows you to view and search important research and citation data from China in both Chinese (Simplified) and English.
With Chinese Science Citation Database, you can:
- Track Chinese research trends, top authors, institutions, journals, and more
- Determine if papers written about your discipline are available in Chinese
- Discover if you’ve been cited in China
- Produce high quality papers that reflect global trends and research
- Trace national and international research community interactions
- Identify qualified collaborators, reviews, editors and authors
- Discover pockets of activity and centers of excellence
Why choose Chinese Science Citation Database?
- A broader and deeper search: Ability to search both Science Citation Database Expanded and Chinese Science Citation Database simultaneously
- Conduct cited reference searching: Track prior research and monitor current developments, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of colleagues' work, and follow the path of today's hottest ideas. Navigate forward, backward and through the literature, searching all disciplines and time spans to discover information with impact.
- Refine results capability — by document types, authors, source titles, publication years, institutions, and languages
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- Coverage of nearly 1,200 top scholarly publications from the People’s Republic of China, complementing existing Web of Science coverage.
- Nearly two million article records and more than 13 million citations
- Multidisciplinary coverage to 1989 of agricultural sciences, biology, chemistry, engineering (computer sciences, mechanics, etc.) geosciences, management, mathematics, medicine, and physics
- Most article information (title, author, source) in both Chinese (Simplified) and English. Approximately 40% of all items contain English-language abstracts and more than 60% of citations are in English.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote Web ®, freely available to any Web of Science user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote Web as you search.
- Times Cited: Discover a paper's influence by linking to all the papers that have cited it.
- A wide selection of sort capabilities — by Times Cited, publication date, and more, including choices not available in the original Web of Knowledge, such as the ability to invert sort options (A-Z or Z-A)
- Personalization capabilities: Add search results to a Marked List and output records in a variety of formats; use spell check functionality to assure accuracy of your search elements.
- Usage reporting: A flexible, interactive interface lets library administrators view and track usage data, creating customized reports and exporting to a variety of formats.
Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection,Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
Web of Science: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from over 10,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034
- Journal listing 872 KB