Conference Proceedings Citation Index
ISI Proceedings SM is now the Conference Proceedings Citation Index SM — an integrated index within Web of Science®.
Conference Proceedings Citation Index, accessed via Web of Science, helps researchers access the published literature from the most significant conferences, symposia, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and conventions worldwide. This resource offers a complete view of conference proceedings and their impact on global research, letting you use cited reference searching to track emerging ideas and new research beyond what is covered in the journal literature. Two editions cover the sciences and social sciences.
Conference Proceedings Citation Index extracts 30% of its data from journals and 70% from books, complementing and extending the journal-based information in other Web of Science citation databases.
With Conference Proceedings Citation Index, you can:
- Uncover new theories, solutions, and indications of emerging and developing concepts that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Discover research ideas as they are first presented, before they are included in journal articles.
- See how conference proceedings influence work in related disciplines.
- Identify potential collaborators who are pursuing complementary areas of research.
- Create performance metrics that depict a more complete picture of an individual's, department's, or institution's productivity and influence.
- Make acquisition decisions about proceedings.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose Conference Proceedings Citation Index?
- Relevant global coverage: Conference proceedings are acquired and selected according to a set of specialized guidelines that promote the inclusion of timely and meaningful data.
- Integrated access to other Web of Knowledge SM data and tools: Accessing Conference Proceedings Citation Index on the Web of Knowledge platform means you can simultaneously search all other Web of Knowledge SM resources your institution subscribes to, and take advantage of their powerful tools such as cited reference searching. One common vocabulary within this platform enables your search terms to be matched to all relevant terms that may be categorized differently in other databases, delivering more complete and relevant results.
- Cited reference searching: Track prior research and monitor current developments, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of colleagues' work, and follow the path of today's hottest ideas. Navigate forward and backward in time and through related disciplines to discover information with impact.
- Insightful Analysis: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool. Capture citation activity with Citation Report, instantly creating formatted reports to view vital citation information for individuals or institutions. Use Citation Maps to visualize citation connections and discover an article's wider citation relationships.
- Wide-ranging content: Content is international, not limited to papers published in English, and includes data from books, journals, reports, series, and preprints. Conference Proceedings Citation Index is available in two editions; Sciences & Technology and Social Science, and provides enhanced coverage of books and meeting abstracts, especially in key areas such as engineering, chemistry, physics, and biology. Together, these two editions cover nearly 256 categories from over 110,000 conference proceedings since 1990.
- Current information: Conference Proceedings Citation Index is updated weekly, with nearly 400,000 records from approximately 12,000 conferences added each year.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any Conference Proceedings Citation Index on Web of Knowledge user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote® Web as you search, share folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- Full-text links: Directly access the full text of proceedings.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving searches as email alerts.
- Web of Knowledge SM: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- Web of Science®: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from over 10,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034