Custom Information Services
It is important to be alert to relevant information associated with your products. Regulatory authorities such as the FDA, CIOMS, and MHLW require you to search scientific and medical publications and report any identified adverse effects.
No other research service can match the global reach, attention to detail and high level of customization offered by Custom Scientific Information Services SM. No other pharmaceutical industry solution brings together so much expertise in data searching, indexing, abstracting, translating, analysis and formatting.
The most thorough and efficient method of literature review.
With Custom Information Services, you can:
- Demonstrate due diligence.
- Comply fully with pharmacovigilence responsibilities.
- Populate your proprietary literature databases including safety.
- Respond promptly to product-related enquiries.
- Compile internal and external communications.
- Rapidly collect and analyze competitive intelligence.
- Provide a front-end interface and data repository.
- Stay current in your field.
Why choose Custom Information Services?
- The team contains more than 40 information specialists with advanced degrees and relevant experience.
- Our translators are subject specialists with years of experience in technical and scientific writing.
- Before starting a project, we will work with you to analyze your goals and information needs and create an exclusive data profile for your organization.
- A comprehensive specifications guideline document will detail the scope of the project, including prioritization schedules for the completion and delivery of the various types of articles.
- Indexing of each relevant article to your customized level using descriptive indexing terms.
- Full text of any of the articles identified as matching your profile, along with an author abstract unless this is copyright-restricted.
- Both native and English speakers proof-read and edit each document to assure accuracy and readability.
- As well as the more than 14,000 titles in the Thomson Scientific database, including peer-reviewed high-impact scientific journals from over 200 disciplines, Custom Information Services searches key industry product literature and more than 10,000 international conferences per annum. At your request, we can also include the unique journal titles found in Medline, EMBASE and other named online databases.
- If you need coverage of additional titles, we can either acquire the journal or use your company's copy. We'll apply the same methodology to client-sent material as we do to our internal collection. Custom Information Services aims to process all journals into our production system within five days of receipt.
- Custom Information Services will retrieve all records containing your search terms, regardless of where they appear in the journal. Our full-text analysis can discover mentions of your product within editorials, letters, conference proceedings, meeting abstracts, materials and methods sections, discussions and conclusions, and in bibliographic data. This ensures complete coverage for your field of interest.
- Based on your profile specifications, Custom Information Services will run daily searches, eliminate duplications and output the resulting records in a single, uniform data stream. Our team will review the output to ensure relevancy and minimize 'noise'.
- Custom Information Services can translate documents such as clinical trial documents, patents, legal documents, case reports, and other medical/pharmaceutical material into and out of all major and exotic languages.