EndNote® is the most powerful tool for managing research. Whether it’s being used by students working on terms papers or researchers in the early stages of research careers, faculty members planning their syllabi or senior researchers applying for grants, this unique research and writing solution saves users countless hours of typing and interpreting style requirements. Anyone can easily keep their personal reference library organized with simple organization tools and PDFs import and annotation options. Features like ‘Find Full Text’ and ‘Update Records’ in EndNote automates the process of locating and updating collecting information, saving users hours of time searching so they can spend more time studying…or researching…or teaching…
For more information, go to endnote.com.
"It's the most powerful citation manager you can find, short of a personal librarian."— PC Magazine
With EndNote, you can:
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process that results in submission-ready manuscripts.
- Search online databases and library catalogs within EndNote to create a personal library instantly.
- Organize references and related files such as PDFs and graphics in any language and locate full text automatically.
- Create bibliographies, table and figure lists instantly from with Microsoft® Word.
- Collaborate with colleagues and manage your research from anywhere with online access to your EndNote library
Why choose EndNote?
Online Search Tool
- Use over 3,900 predefined connection files to search Internet libraries worldwide-access bibliographic databases including Web of Science, the Library of Congress and university catalogs.
- Drag and drop references to your own EndNote library.
- Export references directly from Web of Science, EBSCO, Ovid, OCLC and more.
- Transfer references and file attachments to and from EndNote Web.
- Connect to your institution's online resources and locate full text faster using EZProxy and OpenURL settings.
- Organize your publication list for the ResearcherID author community in EndNote Web.
Reference and Image Organizer
- Create an unlimited number of databases of any size.
- Group references into custom and smart groups. Create new groups by comparing, combining and suppressing existing groups.
- Let EndNote locate and store full text files automatically.
- Import and search PDFs. Import a file or a folder of PDFs directly into your EndNote library. You can even search the contents of a PDF.
- Organize images including charts, figures, and equations for citing in table and figure lists.
- Store up to 45 files per reference in the "File Attachment" field.
- Customize the references database display.
- Link your references to full-text articles and other materials stored in PDF files or on the Web.
- Search all fields and perform Boolean searches.
- Use or customize 46 reference types (e.g., journal article, book Web Page, figure) with up to 52 fields (e.g., abstract, notes).
Create Bibliographies Instantly
- Locate citations with Cite While You Write ® technology in Microsoft ® Word ®, Apple ® Pages ’09, OpenOffice.org Writer 3 for Windows and Mathematica 8.
- Use over 5,000 hundred styles across dozens of disciplines including medicine, biosciences, the humanities and social sciences to format footnotes, ibid, anonymous works and other advanced bibliographic details.
- Collaborate easily with a traveling library of cited references that follows the Microsoft Word document.
- Revise your document as many times as needed — EndNote ® reformats your document instantly.
- Create a subject bibliography with topic headings to produce curricula vita and reading lists.
- Cite references from EndNote and EndNote Web in a single paper.
System & Hardware Requirements:
- 180MB hard disk space available. 256 MB RAM. CD-ROM drive required for installation — not required for download installation. Internet connection required to access EndNote Web and search online databases. EndNote libraries are compatible across Windows ® and Mac OS X platforms. EndNote is Unicode compliant.
Handheld Compatibility and Requirements:
- Windows Mobile ® 5.x (Smartphones not supported) Serial/USB ActiveSync; Serial/USB ActiveSync ®; At least 16 MB of RAM.
Windows XP (SP3), Vista (32-/64-bit) and Windows 7 (32/64 bit) :
- Install latest service packs. Pentium ® 450-megahertz (MHz) or faster processor. Check for latest compatibility.
- Cite While You Write compatible with: Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, 2010 (32-/64-bit), OpenOffice.org Writer 3, Mathematica 8.
Mac OS X 10.4.9 - 10.5.x, 10.6.x.
- PowerPC or Intel Macintosh 450 MHz or higher. Check for latest compatibility.
- Cite While You Write compatible with: Microsoft Word 2004, 2008, 2011. Apple Pages '09.
One of these bibliographic products is right for you...
- EndNote® is the most popular and powerful tool for managing your research. It’s packed with unique features to maximize your time like one-click finding full text and automatic references updating, and advanced PDF management and reference formatting tools. Your purchase of the EndNote desktop software also includes access to EndNote online with 5GB of file storage, unlimited reference storage, and additional citations and capabilities.
- EndNote Basic is online only and freely available to anyone. It gives you access to the most popular bibliographic styles, up to 50K references, and 2gb of file storage.
- Reference Manager® offers network features with simultaneous read/write access to databases.
|EndNote||EndNote Basic||Reference Manager|
|How to get it||Available for personal use; pricing discounts for multi copy purchases.|
Learn more at endnote.com
|Create an account at my.endnote.com||Available for personal use; pricing discounts for multi copy purchases.|
|Integrated in MS Word||Cite While You Write||Cite While You Write (optional installation)||Cite While You Write (optional installation)||Cite While You Write|
|One-click Find full text||Yes||No||No||No|
|Online database searching||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Exporting from online database providers||700+||700+||3||430+|
|Custom options to add additional database providers||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Installation required||Software||Plug-ins optional||Plug-ins |
|Sharing References||Via your online access||Multi User Access via Group Sharing||Multi User Access via Group Sharing||Multi User access in network|
|Citation styles||5,000+ predefined; create your own||3,300+ predefined; create your own||20 most popular||1,300+ predefined; create your own|
|File Attachment Storage||Unlimited||5 GB||2GB||Unlimited|
|Max # of fields||56||53||53||37|
|Max # of Reference Types||48||48||48||35|
|Create a list of "favorite" styles||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Create Custom Groups||Yes||Yes||Yes||Use keywords or multiple databases|
|Create Smart Groups for instant sorting||Yes||No||No||No|
|Operating System||Mac OS X|
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911