A comprehensive index to literature in physics, electrical/electronic technology, computing, information technology, control, production and manufacturing engineering. Produced by the Institution of Engineering and Technology. Updated weekly, Inspec® provides data from journals, books, reports, dissertations and conference proceedings.
725,000 records added annually. Over 12 million records from 1898.
With Inspec, you can:
- Search multiple disciplines and time spans.
- Uncover relevant results in related fields.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose Inspec?
- Relevant, high quality content: Every item included in Inspec has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Integrated access to other Web of Knowledge data and tools: Accessing Inspec on the Web of Knowledge® platform means you can simultaneously search all other Web of Knowledge® resources your institution subscribes to, while taking advantage of powerful tools such as cited reference searching. One common vocabulary within this platform enables your search terms to be matched to all relevant terms that may be categorized differently in other databases, delivering more complete and relevant results.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- Backfile Data to 1898: Track over 100 years of vital data and find the supporting — or refuting — data you need. The entire backfile of Science Abstracts Journals, the precursor to the Inspec database, is now in digital form. All 176 volumes now include modern indexing terms and search functions, to further ease your search. Only via Web of Knowledge® can you see citing information for these historic records. More backfiles give you the power to conduct deeper, more comprehensive searches and track trends through time.
- A full range of disciplines — Inspec provides a comprehensive index to the literature in physics, electrical/electronic engineering, computing, control production, manufacturing engineering and information technology, with significant coverage in areas such as materials science, nanotechnology, oceanography, nuclear engineering, geophysics, biomedical engineering and biophysics.
- Comprehensive, varied content — Inspec delivers over 11 million bibliographic records from publications worldwide, including over 5,000 scientific and technical journals, plus books, reports and 2,500 conference proceedings.
- Specialized indexing — Use specialized indexing for more accurate retrieval, including Controlled Index Terms, Thesaurus Terms and Classification Code Indexes, Treatment Codes; and Chemical Substance, Numerical Data, and Astronomical Object Indexing.
- Integrated bibliography management — Use EndNote® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any Inspec on Web of Knowledge user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote Web as you search, share EndNote Web folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- Full-text links — Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds — Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches.
- Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- Web of Science: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034