MEDLINE® is the U.S. National Library of Medicine® (NLM®) premier bibliographic database, covering biomedicine and life sciences topics vital to biomedical practitioners, educators, and researchers, such as bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science. nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, marine biology, and preclinical sciences. You'll find references from journals, newspapers, magazines, and newsletters.
Only through ISI Web of Knowledge are you able to access MEDLINE® with the added value of citation data and navigation, as well as the ability to simultaneously search content in Web of Science®, FSTA®, CAB Abstracts®, and BIOSIS® products.
With MEDLINE, you can:
- Search multiple disciplines and time spans.
- Uncover relevant results in related fields.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose MEDLINE?
- Relevant, high quality content: Every item included in MEDLINE has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Integrated access to other ISI Web of Knowledge data and tools: Accessing MEDLINE on the ISI Web of Knowledge platform means you can simultaneously search all other ISI Web of Knowledge resources your institution subscribes to. You can find complementary information on resources such as Web of Science® and BIOSIS Previews, while taking advantage of powerful tools such as cited reference searching. One common vocabulary within this platform enables your search terms to be matched to all relevant terms that may be categorized differently in other databases, delivering more complete and relevant results.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool.
- A full range of disciplines:MEDLINE covers the fields of medicine, life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering, as well as nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences, as well as other relevant topics such as environmental science, marine biology, plant and animal sciences, biophysics, and chemistry.
- International content:MEDLINE provides global coverage, indexing content from over 4,900 journals in 30 languages, plus a select number of relevant items from newspapers, magazines, and newsletters. Over 500,000 records are added annually.
- Specialized indexing: Drill down to specific topics using a variety of search options, including natural language terms, MeSH terms, and CAS registry numbers.
- Links to additional data: Link from MEDLINE records to the valuable NCBI protein and DNA sequence databases, and to PubMed Related Articles.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any MEDLINE on ISI Web of Knowledge user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote® Web as you search, share folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- Full-text links: Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches.
- Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, ISI Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
- Web of Science: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034