Science Citation Index
Science Citation Index provides researchers, administrators, faculty, and students with quick, powerful access to the bibliographic and citation information they need to find relevant, comprehensive research data. Overcome information overload and focus on essential data from over 3,700 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals across 100 disciplines.
"Thomson's Science Citation Index is the best. It is easy to use, and it covers science and technology well. It is very organized, not random at all. Plus, it is very in-depth."-- Ms. Ji-yeon Han, Korea's Pohang University of Science and Technology
With Science Citation Index, you can:
- Find high-impact articles from peer-reviewed, influential journals.
- Uncover relevant results in related fields.
- Keep up with the latest developments in your field, helping you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
Why choose Science Citation Index?
- Comprehensive and Relevant Coverage: Every journal included in Science Citation Index has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Cited Reference Searching: Track prior research and monitor current developments, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of colleagues' work, and follow the path of today's hottest ideas. Navigate forward, backward and through the literature, searching all disciplines and time spans to discover information with impact.
- KeyWords Plus®: Enhance the power of cited reference searching by searching across disciplines for all the articles that have cited references in common.
- Cover-to-cover indexing: With Science Citation Index, you can access every significant item from a journal, including original research articles, reviews, editorials, chronologies, abstracts, and more.
- A full range of disciplines: Find information in areas such as agricultural, biological, and environmental sciences, engineering, technology, applied science, medical and life sciences, and physical and chemical sciences.
Format and Delivery Options:
- DVD (format available from late 2004 forward):
- With author abstracts: updated monthly, includes annual cumulation on two discs, backfiles to 1991.
- Without author abstracts: updated quarterly, includes annual cumulation on one disc, backfiles to 1980, networking options.
- Online via distribution partners: Updated weekly.
- SciSearch via DIALOG, DIMDI, and STN: Updated weekly, backfiles to 1974.
- SciSearch via DataStar: Updated weekly, backfiles to 1980.
- Web of Science®: Provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases, with authoritative, multidisciplinary coverage from nearly 9,300 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage available to 1900. You can search five databases simultaneously within Web of Science®, as well as any other databases you subscribe to through ISI Web of Knowledge.
- Science Citation Index Expanded®: Over 6,650 major journals across 150 disciplines, to 1900.
- Social Sciences Citation Index®: Over 1,950 journals across 50 social science disciplines, as well as 3,500 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals, to 1956.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index®: Over 1,160 arts and humanities journals, as well as selected items from over 6,000 scientific and social sciences journals.
- Index Chemicus®: Over 2.6 million compounds, to 1993.
- Current Chemical Reactions®: Over one million reactions, to 1986, plus INPI archives from 1840 to 1985.
- ISI Web of Knowledge: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, ISI Web of Knowledge is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034