Science Citation Index Expanded
Science Citation Index Expanded TM, accessed via Web of Science®, provides researchers, administrators, faculty, and students with quick, powerful access to the bibliographic and citation information they need to find research data, analyze trends, journals and researchers, and share their findings.
Overcome information overload and focus on essential data from over 8,500 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals across 150 disciplines.
"Thomson's Science Citation Index is the best. It is easy to use, and it covers science and technology well. It is very organized, not random at all. Plus, it is very in-depth."-- Ms. Ji-yeon Han, Korea's Pohang University of Science and Technology
With Science Citation Index Expanded, you can:
- Find high-impact articles from peer-reviewed, influential journals.
- Uncover relevant results in related fields.
- Discover emerging trends that help you pursue successful research and grant acquisition.
- Identify potential collaborators with significant citation records.
- Integrate searching, writing, and bibliography creation into one streamlined process.
Why choose Science Citation Index Expanded?
- Comprehensive and Relevant Coverage: Every journal included in Science Citation Index Expanded TM has met the high standards of an objective evaluation process that eliminates clutter and excess and delivers data that is accurate, meaningful and timely.
- Cited Reference Searching: Track prior research and monitor current developments, see who is citing your work, measure the influence of colleagues' work, and follow the path of today's hottest ideas. Navigate forward, backward and through the literature, searching all disciplines and time spans to discover information with impact.
- Easy Author Identification: Locate articles written by the same authors in a simple, single search. Find the right author, right away -- eliminating the problems of similar author names or several authors with the same name.
- Insightful Analysis Options: Find hidden trends and patterns, gain insight into emerging fields of research, and identify leading researchers, institutions, and journals with the Analyze Tool. You can also capture citation activity with Citation Report, instantly creating formatted reports to view vital citation information for individuals or institutions.
- Cover-to-cover indexing: With Science Citation Index Expanded TM, you can access every significant item from a journal, including original research articles, reviews, editorials, chronologies, abstracts, and more.
- A full range of disciplines: Find information in areas such as agricultural, biological, and environmental sciences, engineering, technology, applied science, medical and life sciences, and physical and chemical sciences.
- Integrated bibliography management: Use EndNote® Web, fully integrated and freely available to any Science Citation Index Expanded TM user, to easily access and organize your references online. Send references to EndNote® Web as you search, share EndNote® Web folders with others, store references online between search sessions.
- KeyWords Plus®: Enhance the power of cited reference searching by searching across disciplines for all the articles that have cited references in common.
- Times Cited: Discover a paper's influence by linking to all the papers that have cited it.
- Full-text links: Directly access publishers' full-text articles.
- Alerting and RSS feeds: Keep up to date with the information that matters to you by saving general, cited reference and chemical structure searches as email alerts. Or set up RSS feeds for saved searches and Citation Alerts.
Format and Delivery Options:
- Internet via Web of Science®: Updated weekly; backfiles to 1900.
- Database via SciSearch®: Updated weekly; backfiles to 1980. Network options available.
Online via distribution partners:
- SciSearch via DIALOG, DIMDI, and STN updated weekly; -1974.
- SciSearch via DataStar updated weekly; backfiles to 1980.
- Web of Science: This is just one of the multidisciplinary citation databases available within Web of Science, the definitive resource for global research. You can search five databases simultaneously within Web of Science®, as well as any other databases you subscribe to through Web of Knowledge.
- Social Sciences Citation Index®: Over 3,000 journals across 50 social science disciplines, as well as 3,500 of the world's leading scientific and technical journals, to 1900.
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index®: over 2,300 arts and humanities journals, as well as selected items from over 6,000 scientific and social sciences journals.
- Index Chemicus®: Over 2.6 million compounds, to 1993.
- Current Chemical Reactions®: Over one million reactions, to 1986, plus INPI archives from 1840 to 1985.
- Web of Knowledge SM: Quickly find, analyze, and share information in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities with this premier research platform. Whether you're writing a paper, looking for potential collaborators, analyzing research performance or evaluating your library's collection, Web of Knowledge SM is built to accommodate your style of discovery and analysis.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034