Web of Science Author Connect Customized Mailing Lists
Web of Science Author Connect Customized Mailing Lists® is a unique Thomson Reuters marketing service that provides you with targeted, custom-prepared lists of qualified prospects.
You have direct control over the list selection and specification process. You can access the potential customers most interested in your product, chosen from over 1.7 million email addresses and 650,000 postal addresses of leading scientific, technical, and medical researchers.
Reach prospects who publish in top, peer-reviewed journals in over 500 scientific, technical, and medical categories.
With Web of Science Author Connect Customized Mailing Lists, you can:
- Enhance the effectiveness of your direct mail or e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Targets a customized selection — either broad or narrow — of the world's leading researchers in many disciplines.
- Receive in-depth consultation with a Thomson Reuters list selection expert to create a highly customized search profile.
Why choose Web of Science Author Connect Customized Mailing Lists?
- Customized service: You consult with a list selection expert to create highly focused profiles. You specify your criteria — academic and non-academic institutions, disciplines or fields of interest, geographic requirements, specific journals, and more. Your personalized list profiles can continue to be refined until your results are as precise as you require.
- Access to a wide range of published researchers: Your profiles are run against the multidisciplinary Thomson Reuters database of researchers who have published in the journal literature within the past 52 weeks. You have access to researchers in a vast array of library, government, and corporate markets — scientific, technical, medical, pharmaceutical, engineering, education, professional, social sciences, bio-tech — many of whom aren't available from other list suppliers.
- Frequently updated lists of prospects: Your lists will be updated with new contacts monthly, quarterly, or semiannually.
- A targeted list of subject categories, selectable by: academic names, nonacademic names, scientific disciplines, subject categories, countries, states, SCFs, date of publication.
Best Practices for Publisher & Association List Marketing
List effectiveness Ask the right questions of the list provider and clearly understand not only where the names are derived from but more importantly how have they become part of the file, ensuring all procedures and elements are 100% compatible with international data privacy and anti-spam regulations. Make sure you are comfortable with knowing that the names and email addresses are truly pre-qualified.
Targeted mailings It is important to clearly understand who you are ultimately trying to reach with your targeted messaging. In today’s advanced technological world, it is key to ensure you are targeting appropriately. As we see that science, technical and medical areas are becoming more and more interdisciplinary, it is essential to investigate further into the specific discipline, thus creating a unique and customized search profile. Find a marketing list that allows you to search on specific keywords so you can be ensured that the broader scientific discipline is appropriately targeted within the specific area. This will then enable you to target your marketing campaign directly to your business challenge and not just deploy a campaign strategy based on broad target marketing.
Day of week mailing Don’t rely on historic industry trends, really work with your list provider and understand the dynamics of the list you are purchasing and find patterns of when the click thru rates seem to be highest. For example, for the Web of Science Author Connect List ® currently Thursday and Friday deployments provides the best click thru rates (based on 2009 data), which have been days many have avoided in the past.
Add Social Media Links Don’t be shy. Let your campaigns reach out to others via social media site links such as Facebook, Twitter, Refer-a-friend & LinkedIn. When adding these, it is important that you track the social media link. This will help educate you which perform better than others in regard to sharing of information.
HTML campaign testing Deploy marketing campaigns via a technology that has the capability to ensure that if the recipient can’t receive HTML, they will then receive a text message instead. This guarantees that recipients who want HTML receive it and those who do not (or are unable to display it) get the text version. Test all campaigns running the HTML code through all spam filters (including checking ALL links to see if anything is blocked); and test how the HTML creative will be rendered in multiple email operating systems.
Measure Clicks to Opens ratio Whether internal or external lists, ensure you can measure the click to opens metric ratio. This is the ratio, represented by a percent, based on the number of unique clicks divided by the number of unique opens. The reason why this is so important is that if you know that someone has opened the email, then whether they clicked or not becomes vital. Did the message motivate them to take the next step? This is the best predictor of response and the productivity of the creative since you are measuring the actions of those that opened and viewed the creative to see if they took action versus the people who may have saw the subject line or from address only.
Understand Institutional Marketing In the past, many publishers and associations targeted based on topics or categories not taking into account an institutional strategy. In this economy it is essential to clearly understand which institutions are key to a certain discipline, ensuring marketing campaigns are deployed to these specific institutions. This approach helps with end user marketing and ensuring renewals and new institutional subscriptions.
Tel: +1 800.336.4474
Tel: +1 215.386.0100
Fax: +1 215.386.2911
Europe, Middle East & Africa
Tel: +44 20.7433.4000
Brazil: +55 11 8370 9845
Other Countries: +1 215 823 5674
Tel: +81 3.4589.3100
Tel: 0800 888.8855 (free dial from Japan only)
Fax: +81 3.4589.3240
Australia & New Zealand:
+61 2 8587 7636
China: +86 10 5760 1200
India: +91 11 3044 6419
Korea: +82 2 2076 8100
South East Asia & Pakistan:
+65 6775 5088
Taiwan: +886 2 2503 3034
- Access Author Connect
- Web of Science Author Connect and BIOSIS Author Connect Overview PDF
- Subject Categories: Topics and Major Concepts PDF
- Request a customized list count