Engagement CS is the profession's most powerful engagement system, offering the advanced technology required to meet the increasingly complex and time-consuming professional standards.
This powerful all-inclusive solution allows you to streamline every aspect of your engagement workflow—from planning and review to final document archiving—all in a completely paperless environment. Engagement CS enhances productivity of all types of professional engagements from audit to tax, and it ensures a complete, accurate, and cost-effective engagement every time.
For more information, please visit the Engagement CS section on the CS.ThomsonReuters.com website.
Advanced Collaboration Features Simplify the Most Complex Engagements
Designed to streamline every aspect of workflow management, Engagement CS offers the features that help you maintain complete control of the entire engagement process. Engagement CS is part of the CS Professional Suite and fully integrates with other suite applications.
With Engagement CS, you can make engagements easier:
- Begin a new engagement with ease , using the rollforward feature to efficiently assemble workpapers. State-of-the-art SMART integration launches your PPC SMART Practice Aid rollforward automatically, and patent-pending Intelligent Document Storage functionality generates the resulting audit programs and planning documents in Engagement CS, using the folder structure used in the prior year.
- Track the entire engagement process with advanced reporting and diagnostic features. Convenient review note, workpaper tracking, and sign-off tools simplify the completion of your work. From rollforward to archive, you can track every step of your process. And Engagement CS is the one and only application that can provide you with a diagnostic report of unsigned steps for PPC audit programs.
- Set up staff-level security ; for example, by using the Group Privileges feature to assign specific permissions, to ensure file integrity and complete workflow control.
- Set up instant networking for advanced fieldwork collaboration through direct integration with Colligo® Workgroup Edition.
- Allow staff to work collaboratively on the same engagement simultaneously, using Engagement CS's unique MultiStaff workpaper and trial balance management. This feature eliminates the cumbersome logistics of transferring documents, and it keeps your team's work up-to-date continuously.
- Integrate with Checkpoint ®—including PPC Checkpoint Tools™, PPC Practice Aids™, PPC Workpapers™, and SMART Practice Aids) for access to the profession's authority in guidance and practice aids. The Checkpoint platform brings you all key materials from AICPA, FASB, GASB, IASB, and COSO.
- Microsoft® Excel® and Word integration streamlines your workpapers and leverages the efficiency of rollforward and adjustments as balances are linked to Engagement CS trial balance.
- Directly access Capital Confirmation, Inc. from within the Engagement CS workspace and enjoy integrated reporting with the world's leading service for electronic audit confirmations.
- Powerful Two-way Tax Integration enables you to update data both in Engagement CS and UltraTax CS and GoSystem Tax RS concurrently. You can quickly add, delete, or change journal entries, assign tax codes, and add new accounts with ease.
- Ensure that nothing has been overlooked ; use the Wrap-up Wizard to guide you through finalizing your engagement. With Engagement CS you'll rest assured that your work is safe, locked down, and secure.
Engagement CS is the profession's most comprehensive and powerful paperless engagement management system, and the ideal solution to handle all your firm's engagements with ease.
CS Professional Suite® and Enterprise Suite™ applications are designed for professional production work. Our system requirements are based on the assumption that professional accounting firms replace their computer hardware and operating systems approximately every three years.
While our software may operate on less powerful hardware and operating systems, we do not believe it will perform at a level suitable for production work in those environments. Of course, as processing speed and RAM are increased, software performance will also improve. We recommend business class computers, which generally offer higher levels of performance than home models when running business applications.
The following links provide access to the general requirements for the current versions of all of our applications. However, some products have more stringent and/or additional requirements beyond those documented in the general requirements sections. Be sure to read the Product-Specific Requirements as well as the general requirements.