Thomson Reuters Checkpoint is the industry-leader for online information for tax, accounting, and finance professionals.
For more than a decade, professionals have been turning to Checkpoint, the revolutionary, easily-searchable online system, to get straight to their answers. Checkpoint blends cutting-edge technology, editorial insight, time-saving productivity tools, online learning and news updates with intelligent linking to related content and software. Thousands of tax and accounting professionals rely on Checkpoint every day to understand complex information, make informed decisions and use knowledge more efficiently.
94 of the Top 100 Law Firms, 95 of the Fortune 100, and all of Top 100 U.S. CPA Firms rely on Checkpoint.
With Checkpoint, you can:
- Rely on expert guidance and authoritative analysis from RIA, PPC, WG&L, EBIA, and IBFD experts
- Keep up-to-date with news that affects you
- Search the way you want to with customizable search options
- Easily tailor the library to your needs – whether you do a lot of research...or just a little
- Reach your answers faster with fully integrated primary source materials and expert analysis for tax, accounting, auditing and corporate finance
- Connect with tax software through integrated links with ONESOURCE™, UltraTax CS™, and e-Form® RS
- Cut through your workload with time-saving Checkpoint Tools such as PPC's SMART Practice Aids®
- Stay ahead with the most current information available and the latest innovative technological enhancements
- Stay connected when you're on the move...Checkpoint is now optimized specifically for smart phones and the Apple iPad®
Key Topics And Practice Areas
Every major area of tax and accounting is covered on Checkpoint:
- Federal Tax
- State & Local Tax
- International Tax
- International Trade
- Accounting, Auditing and Corporate Finance
- Estate Planning
- Pension & Benefits
- Tax Planning & Compliance Guidance
- Superior Content You Can Rely On. Checkpoint delivers comprehensive, authoritative tax and accounting content from leading industry experts such as RIA, WG&L, PPC, IBFD, EBIA and more
- Get What You Need When You Need It. Checkpoint integrates familiar Thomson Reuters content with additional tools, well known third-party content and primary source materials (AICPA, SEC, GAAP, FASB, GASB, IASB, and others) so you can do all your research in one place
- Timely Alerts and Updates. We’ll keep you up-to-speed on everything you need to know in the world of tax and accounting news. The very latest news updates can be delivered to your inbox or accessed online on Checkpoint — whichever you prefer
- Frequent Innovations. In addition to breaking news and legislative updates being incorporated into Checkpoint immediately, regular enhancements are made to Checkpoint each quarter. These enhancements include additional content or content updates, platform features or other suggestions you’ve made on ways to continuously make your research faster and easier
- Exclusive trackers. Use Bill Tracker to easily see if there is pending legislation pertaining to your search topic, or Citation Tracker to be notified when a document is cited by a new Federal tax case or IRS Ruling/Release.
- Unique Create-a-Charts. Get immediate access to the most up-to-date tax and accounting information through interactive comparison charts featuring links to the controlling authority and detailed explanation paragraphs.
- Efficient search tools. Dig deeper into your search with Search Within Results, or schedule searches you may need to run again in the future.
- Intuitive search. Search by Citation, Keyword, Index or Table of Contents: all of these search methods are on one screen for easy access, and word search results are filtered by your subscribed databases.
- Easily share your document. Print, copy, export or e-mail your entire document or just selected text.
- Split screen viewing. Toggle between the results of your search, or the Table of Contents, while keeping your document visible on the main screen.
- Table of contents. Use a traditional book format, or go to the Table of Contents to search specific areas to localize your results even further.
- Your home page. Customize your home page with the search tools and content links you usemost, or even conduct a Quick Search.
- Link viewer. It’s just like opening a new book! Use this pop-up window to preview a document without leaving your main document.
Hi-speed internet connection
Microsoft Internet Explorer® (latest version) or Mozilla® Firefox (latest version)
- Adobe Acrobat® Reader (latest version)
Minimum System Requirements:
Dial-up internet connection
Monitor with 1024x768 resolution
Microsoft Internet Explorer® 7 or Mozilla® Firefox
Adobe Acrobat® Reader 5.0 for viewing PDF forms and the Checkpoint User Reference Guide
- 8 Years in a Row! Checkpoint received a 5 STAR rating in The CPA Technology Advisor’s annual review of tax research systems (2004 thru 2011)
- Checkpoint was the recipient of the 2011 Tekne Award in the Technology, Services and Consulting award category
- Readers awarded Checkpoint the leader among Tax & Accounting Research Systems in the 2012 CPA Practice Advisor Readers' Choice Awards
- Checkpoint won the 2004 SIIA Codie Award for Software Excellence and was a finalist in the 2009 SIIA Awards in the Best Online Government Information Service and Best Solution Integrating Content into Workflow categories
- RIA won the CPA Wealth Provider's Second Annual Financial Planning Award of Excellence [December 2004]
Checkpoint continues its momentum as the best tax and accounting research system available and its innovation is recognized and acknowledged in the industry.
- When we need to find the right answer and find it quick, the updated version of Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint research system makes the task substantially easier. With its contemporary, fresh new design, piloting through Checkpoint is a breeze.”
– Thomson Reuters’ Checkpoint Gets a Makeover - Plenty of Muscle to Go Along With Its Hot New Look! Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org CPATechViews.com, the blog for CPA Practice Advisor, June 22, 2011
- Checkpoint’s available resource collections are exhaustively comprehensive, but the program maintains a general ease of use…”
– The CPA Technology Advisor, January 2009
- Whether looking for primary source materials on federal, state, local or international accounting and taxation, or searching for guidance and explanation of tax law, Checkpoint offers virtually everything.”
– From the Jan/Mar 2008 Review of Tax Research Systems, CPA Technology Advisor
- "Checkpoint is an excellent research service that integrates accounting & auditing, tax, and other content into a single offering that interfaces well with the software offerings from Thomson Reuters as well as Microsoft Office."
– The CPA Technology Advisor, 2010
Customers Praise Checkpoint:
"I've been a Checkpoint user for many years, and I'm very pleased with the quality of content, and platform -- especially the Create-a-Chart, it's a real time saver. It's a great value with good service."
-- Steve Bouchee, Tax Manager, Paccar, Inc.
"The new Checkpoint enhancements are wonderful. They are subtle changes that improve my ability to customize the way I read, find and store my documents, but the changes do not change the fundamental searching function that I have become used to."
Jennifer R., Attorney, Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott LLC
"The enhanced (Checkpoint) site provides more intuitive and user-friendly navigation. The new icons, placement of tasks, and color-scheme add to the overall utilization."
Carol R., Compliance Officer, Group Associates, Inc.
"The value of the Checkpoint product in its entirety, including comprehensiveness and ease of use, is very good...Compared to the competition, RIA provides more for a dollar."
-- Bonnie Scotella, C.P.A., Doeren Mayhew and Company
"It was easy to research items from multiple books."
Dom V., Partner, Wilder & Co.
"I am a big fan! It's very user friendly, easy to find things, and I really like the links. Not to mention the service is terrific, everybody from sales, to training to tech support is really helpful! Checkpoint helps me do my job and helps me meet the needs of my internal client; that's all that matters!!"
-- Linda Kleiner, Senior Tax Analyst, Pfizer