Service Bureau Payroll CS
Service Bureau Payroll CS is an advanced, web-hosted software program that is designed for professional payroll processors who process more than 100 payrolls. Designed with dozens of timesaving features to trim hours and effort from payroll work, Service Bureau Payroll CS helps maintain tax compliance across a range of taxing agencies and enables you to provide clients with significantly faster processing turnaround.
Service Bureau Payroll CS will help you meet the needs of a broad range of clients and offers features such as, the ability to process multiple payroll schedules per client, comprehensive impounding, direct deposit functionality, powerful invoicing features, sophisticated calculations, and much more.
For more information, please visit the Service Bureau Payroll CS section on the CS.ThomsonReuters.com website.
The Ideal Solution for High-Volume Payroll Processing
Service Bureau Payroll CS was designed from the ground up for high volume processing and tax compliance convenience. Save time through the entire payroll process, maintain compliance across taxing agencies, and deliver a faster turn-around.
With Service Bureau Payroll CS, you can:
Set up clients quickly and securely
- Take advantage of the Templates feature to quickly set up client and employee information.
- Verify Social Security numbers and Taxpayer Identification numbers quickly and easily with the built-in verification feature.
- Automatically determine applicable tax jurisdictions and payroll tax forms based on employee work location and resident address information.
- View workers' compensation descriptions and codes for each state.
- Take advantage of the firm-level security feature by setting up security groups in specific areas of the program and requiring a password to open the firm database.
Streamline your firm's payroll processing
- Process a variety of standard reports that enable you to provide value-added analysis.
- Process multiple payroll schedules per client.
- Create new hire files electronically for AL, CA, FL, IN, MA, MI, and NC.
- Expedite basic payroll entry using the spreadsheet-style screen for rapid check entry.
- Use the MICR check-printing feature to avoid having to maintain supplies of preprinted check stock.
- Import Microsoft® Excel® spreadsheet data for automatic check creation , as well as ASCII and XML file data from supported time clock programs.
- Generate payroll checks automatically for employees with standard wages or salaries.
- Perform on-the-fly edits for mid-processing updates .
- Offer clients time-saving convenience with the remote payroll time entry and remote check printing features via NetClient CS ™ portals.
- Process W-2 / 940 / 941 / 943 / 944 / 945 forms and state payroll tax forms using a streamlined batch payroll tax process (including electronic filing). In addition, electronic filing for 1099 form processing is available.
- Expedite EFTPS processing to create federal enrollment files and federal tax payments.
- Maximize cash flow using the comprehensive impounding features .
- Fund liabilities from client accounts electronically.
- Utilize the detailed client balance reporting.
- Easily reconcile impound bank accounts.
- Import bank statement files (including OFX, QFX, and QIF files)
- Export adjustment entries in XML file format
- Make adjustment entries to offset the unreconciled amount when appropriate
- Provide maximum convenience to clients and your own firm with the comprehensive Direct Deposit features , including:
- Employee and payroll agent payments
- Child support payments
- View informational and critical diagnostic messages during payroll tax form processing.
- Maintain electronic notes for client processing.
- Maintain multiple fee schedules .
- Automatically calculate fees on a per-check, per-direct deposit, and per-payroll basis, including applicable sales taxes.
Take advantage of automatic calculations
- Calculate an unlimited number of pay, deduction, and employer contribution items .
- Calculate payroll checks for employees working in multiple states and multiple localities honoring applicable state rules and reciprocal agreements.
- Calculate per-check workers' compensation premiums .
- Employee portions of Washington Industrial Insurance (workers' compensation) premiums
- Employee portions of the New Mexico Workers' Compensation Assessment Fee
- Calculate creditor garnishments .
- Calculate and report hours used and accrued for benefits like vacation, sick time, and personal time.
- Calculate amounts and generate checks for federal and state tax deposits .
- Process cafeteria plan deductions , retirement plan deductions , and company matching amounts , including "safe harbor" employer contribution plans.
- Set maximum limits on deductions for automatic turnoff .
- Verify federal, state, and locality-specific minimum wage amounts for reported tip income .
CS Professional Suite® and Enterprise Suite™ applications are designed for professional production work. Our system requirements are based on the assumption that professional accounting firms replace their computer hardware and operating systems approximately every three years.
While our software may operate on less powerful hardware and operating systems, we do not believe it will perform at a level suitable for production work in those environments. Of course, as processing speed and RAM are increased, software performance will also improve. We recommend business class computers, which generally offer higher levels of performance than home models when running business applications.
The following links provide access to the general requirements for the current versions of all of our applications. However, some products have more stringent and/or additional requirements beyond those documented in the general requirements sections. Be sure to read the Product-Specific Requirements as well as the general requirements.